BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to repost my question the way i stated it came out wrong, I have a 1994 BMW 325i There is a noise comming from my gear shifter, it dosnt make it in 1st at all lil bit in second, 3 and 4 alot and 5 none, the noise isnt when i shift, its not grinding, goes into gears smooth the noise comes in when the car is in those gears and im driving, the guy i got it from said it was because he put a m3 short shifter in there and it rubs against the drive train when it is positioned in the middle gears, that the m3 short shifter has a peace on it thats too long. so thats why it dosnt make the noise in the other gears mostly 3rd and 4th, it a weird noise, kinda anoying, but it dosnt effect the way the car runs in those gears just want to know if its somthin other than the short shifter thats making the noise or a different problem i want to take care of it thanks.

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
Sounds like the shifter bushings are bad, I don't know what a "m3 short shift kit" is, they had the same tranny's atleast the 97+ e36's did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts