BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i have a 325i 89 and a 325e 87 but the 325i is automatic and the 325e is manual will the manual tranny of the 325e fit the 325i? or do i have to get the same year tranny for the 325i ?

reason why, my girl loves the 325e but is manual and she wants it automatic she does not want to learn manual and me i have the 325i more power over the 325e but i want to put it manual and i am think of swaping the trannys but if it works?? if it does work will the 325e computer work with the automatic or do i have to get another computer for it to work with the automatic since its manual

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
That's a first. I've never heard of anyone swapping an automatic into their E30. Don't mean to be rude, or a time waster, But I can't help you there. However I shall watch with interest.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
thats an assload of work. The trans and pedals have to be swapped. As well as the linkages. You will also need a flywheel........Just buy a auto E ..there are thousands out there. For cheap.
Plus you will end up replacing half the stuff you take out. Things last longer not being touched. In that respect.
If you choose to do it i will watch with interest as well.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
yes, however you have to be prepared to have 2 cars down instead of one. For double the time

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mattdk318i said:
yes, however you have to be prepared to have 2 cars down instead of one. For double the time
lol i know what u mean, as for the work i dont mine doin it cause seen fun:D , as for having 2 cars down it also not a problem,,, my concern is if its goin to work and which would be hard to do the auto or the manual?

: reason she likes that E is cus of the way i have it, remember the clean engine bay? that car is well well taken care of.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
well, clean up the other car to her liking and swap seats.......That way you will have 2 clean cars and 2 happy people

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mattdk318i said:
well, clean up the other car to her liking and swap seats.......That way you will have 2 clean cars and 2 happy people
i would like to have a manual tranny on the 325i , what can i do?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mattdk318i said:
go to a junk yard and hash out 400$ for a trans,pedals, and linkages
hey matt, what the differ with the wiring harness of a 325i and the 325e

let say if i motor swap what problems will i have with the harness?
i check and it looks almost the same the only differ was the cooling reserver and the idel sensor ?

what do i have to do when it comes to swap an engine from the 325i to the e?

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
you will need to swap harnesses as well as ECUs.
Wouldnt be much sense in swapping an ETA into a 325i

1 - 14 of 14 Posts