BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, i'm new to this forum.
I just graduated from high school and have to get a new car for the university.
I live in the dominican republic, a 3 series costs between 50-60k here. I can only spend 80k, so i need you guys to suggest me body kits, rims, accs, sound system and video for a 325xi.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ale. said:
Hello, i'm new to this forum.
I just graduated from high school and have to get a new car for the university.
I live in the dominican republic, a 3 series costs between 50-60k here. I can only spend 80k, so i need you guys to suggest me body kits, rims, accs, sound system and video for a 325xi.
My suggestion, don't custumize, buy a loaded 330xi instead with your extra money.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Do you need an xi in the DR?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wait for the 335 or M3.

·
Registered
668 Posts
What is wrong with xi? So what if ale. lives in DR. All wheel drive is the best. It works better in conditions like rain than snow and I know it rains there. I know several people who have rear wheel drive BMW's and are afraid to go out in any storm whether it be snow or rain. Ale. you should think about what your priorities are in a car and then decide. If you want extra power than get the 330 instead of the 325 or just wait for the 328/335 to come out. Good luck in what you do. Keep us all posted to what you do.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
moviebumm said:
What is wrong with xi? So what if ale. lives in DR. All wheel drive is the best. It works better in conditions like rain than snow and I know it rains there. I know several people who have rear wheel drive BMW's and are afraid to go out in any storm whether it be snow or rain. Ale. you should think about what your priorities are in a car and then decide. If you want extra power than get the 330 instead of the 325 or just wait for the 328/335 to come out. Good luck in what you do. Keep us all posted to what you do.
yeah, if it rains I'm pretty much stuck at home

don't but into the hybrid or the all wheel drive marketing bullsh1t

if you have more money to spend than a 325xi, just buy a better car don't waste money on "customizing"

·
Registered
28 Posts
The suspension on an X-drive vehicle is slightly higher than a RWD vehicle. Stick with the RWD. You do not encounter any snow or ice there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
don't listen to other people tell you what to buy. Buy what you want most. If you think you will regret not going xi, then by all means, get an xi. The worst feeling in the world is owning a car you regret buying. So do your research, pick the car you like best, then customize till you're 100% happy with it. Don't settle for anything less.

if you need ideas for customizing an xi ,
i got a 325xi with premium, xenons, comfort access. for the price, I probably coulda got a standard 330i but it would not be AWD, no leather, no comfort access. 3 strikes already against it. So for me, a 330i was not an option. I needed AWD for my trips to the snow/mountains, i need comfort access cause its damn cool to never have to use a key, xenons cause they're sooo bright and shiny, and premium for all the little perks in it like leather, power seats, dimming mirrors, bluetooth, etc...

Anyway, remember.. Buy/customize the car that will make YOU happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts