BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have search around but didnt find the answer i was looking for.

The problem is when i have my transmission in Manuell mode. I can gear up and down when aclerating normally. But when i drop the hammer down, it wont gear when i am pushing the shift. It waits until it shiftes by itself (red limiter).

Does anyone know what can be the reason why it does that? Is it because i push it to a kickdown mode?

Cheers Schumi

·
Banned
29 Posts
Schumi said:
Hi, i have search around but didnt find the answer i was looking for.

The problem is when i have my transmission in Manuell mode. I can gear up and down when aclerating normally. But when i drop the hammer down, it wont gear when i am pushing the shift. It waits until it shiftes by itself (red limiter).

Does anyone know what can be the reason why it does that? Is it because i push it to a kickdown mode?

Cheers Schumi
you just answered yourself with that last question...kickdown mode will, if you read up on it, go to the highest rpm without allowing you to shift manually. thank god for bmw making sure we don't over rev too much. feel for where that resistance point is before it goes into kickdown mode and just don't pass it when ''testing it out''. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.