BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read the great ED Wiki. Props to all contributors!

I'm now convinced that a 328 xDrive wagon is the way to go, with the following options (I live in the snowy/cold Northeast US):

-- Auto tranny
-- Heated front seats and steering wheel
-- Navigation system (spoiled by having one in current car)
-- Bluetooth
-- Auto high beams
-- Keyless entry
-- Anti-theft
-- Harmon Kardon audio
-- Leatherette seats (I don't notice the diff b/w this and leather)
-- Metallic or non-metallic color also not a big whoop

Anything else you'd recommend?

Option items questions:

-- Does heated front seats/steering wheel mean heated nozzles for headlamp washing?
-- Does keyless entry mean keyless/push button ignition?

ED questions:

-- Does someone have the ED pricing for base and options?
-- If I ordered a car this week, when (approx. OK) would pickup be available? Can you pre-select your dates?
-- Is there a better travel deal that what's on offer with Lufthansa for early summer?
-- Has anyone bought additional insurance to cover 1-2 weeks beyond the 2 weeks included in the ED deal? If so, how much does that run?
-- Can I finance this car via BMW with whatever deal-du-jour they're offering at the time of sale?
-- Any favored Northeast US dealers who have knowledgeable ED sales associates?
-- (Duh question) Once I get the car in the US, do I need to pay state sales tax when registering?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you have read the Wiki, now do a search the formula for determining the price of the car you want has been covered so many times it does not bear repeating. There are any number of ways to get to the ED Invoice price look them up and use them for the information you seek.

Give yourself about 3 months for the ordering to delivery process, it can be shorter if you are lucky or you can stretch it out.
Shop for the travel deal, depending on when you want to go prices can be better than the 2 for 1 LH deal.
Yes, I have on all ED's you pay up front in 30 day increments from the original ED date and I thought it was inexpensive compared to my insurance costs when I lived there.
Yes.
Search, use a sponsor if this is your 1st time.
Why wouldn't you.

·
535i M-Sport ED May 2011
969 Posts
ED questions:
Thanks!
--- ED INVOICE is 86% US MSRP on Base Car + %91 MSRP of options + $875 delivery

-- If I ordered a car this week, when (approx. OK) would pickup be available? Can you pre-select your dates?
--- Latest I heard was lat MAY unless a hole opens up earlier.

-- Is there a better travel deal that what's on offer with Lufthansa for early summer?
--- Frequent Flyer Miles :)

-- Has anyone bought additional insurance to cover 1-2 weeks beyond the 2 weeks included in the ED deal? If so, how much does that run?
--- I paid $200 in 2008 for 4 weeks (or was it a month)

-- Can I finance this car via BMW with whatever deal-du-jour they're offering at the time of sale?
--- Yes, you can "lock in" a rate early and change if it gets better. You CA will know.

-- Any favored Northeast US dealers who have knowledgeable ED sales associates?
--- Search the forum.

-- (Duh question) Once I get the car in the US, do I need to pay state sales tax when registering?
--- Oh, Yes!!

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Option items questions:!
-- Does keyless entry mean keyless/push button ignition?
A: Yes, called Comfort Access, part of Convenience Package or can be optioned separately. You can leave the remote key in your pocket/purse. Doors will unlock automatically when the door handle is touched, just get in and push the Start button. There are videos on the BMW website under "Owners" that will actually demonstrate many of the standard/optional features.

ED questions:
A: When you order, you provide your CA with three preferred delivery dates, usually at least 3 months out. BMW will confirm which of those three dates they can meet (or not).

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've read the great ED Wiki. Props to all contributors!

I'm now convinced that a 328 xDrive wagon is the way to go, with the following options (I live in the snowy/cold Northeast US):

-- Auto tranny
-- Heated front seats and steering wheel
-- Navigation system (spoiled by having one in current car)
-- Bluetooth
-- Auto high beams
-- Keyless entry
-- Anti-theft
-- Harmon Kardon audio
-- Leatherette seats (I don't notice the diff b/w this and leather)
-- Metallic or non-metallic color also not a big whoop

ED questions:

...Thanks!
I have a spreadsheet I put together when ordering my wagon (a 2011 xDrive) about a year ago. The option list is slightly different, but if you can use Excel it is extremely simple to update it with current prices and any changes in the options, etc. It also computes lease payments, but you could take the pricing part and add any financing method you wanted.

If you want the spreadsheet, send me your email via a PM.

Personal comment: don't be surprised by the final price of a moderately loaded 328 xiT with Nav. Even with the ED savings it is not for the faint-hearted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts