Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory order-to-build 2008 328i Coupe:
Alpine White/Beige Leatherette
Manual
Sport Package
Power Front Seats w/Driver's Seat Memory
Navigation
iPod & USB Adapter

24 months lease, 10,000 miles/ year, with BMW FS.
70% residual
7 MSDs (multiple security deposits with BMW FS) (0.00195 - (7*0.00007)) = MF = 0.00146
$0 Cap Cost Reduction
The car will be registered in NY
NY taxes rolled into the monthly payments

The best I got so far from a NJ dealer (MSDs are not possible in NY state so I crossed the river) is $500 over invoice.

MSRP (includes car + options + desination charge): $40,570
Net Cap Cost: $37,340 dealer-invoice (includes car + options + desination charge) + $500 over dealer-invoice + $300 MACO + $180 Training Fee = $38,320

Total due at inception:

First Month Lease Payment
+ Bank Acquisition Fee: $625
+ NY Motor Vehicule Registration ~ $150
+ 7 Security Deposits

What do you guys/ girls think?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think my boss is glad he's not the sales manager who has to CPO and sell that car in a few years.

·
Brevity = soul of wit
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your boss and you discussed this thread?

Do you mean to say this is a good deal from my stand-point?

P.S: I noticed I typed a 70% residual, it's a mistake, residual on a 10,000 miles/ 24 months lease is 73%. Monthly payments I am told would be $508.

·
Registered
169 Posts
He is saying that you got a good deal. $500 over invoice with no markup in acquisition or MF rate is an extremely skinny sell IMO. It sounds like you know what you're doing, but make sure that he doesn't mark up the money factor at all. I negotiated $500 over invoice on my 335i but they wanted a max markup money factor and acquisition fee. I ended up paying $500 over invoice with a 2 point markup on the MF and $625 acquisition fee (Overall, a $1000 profit to the dealer).

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
This is the 2nd $500 over invoice deal with no markups on anything that has been posted on a coupe. Since I don't know any dealers that would do this for me and since I don't want to pay way more than everyone else I guess I won't be getting anymore BMWs.

·
Brevity = soul of wit
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

All I have done is apply what I have read on these forums for the last two months.

Apparently it pays-off to send-out emails to a dozen dealers or so stating very specific numbers. No other mark-ups on the MF or bank fee.
I was surprised, I was lucky some of them were willing to play ball.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Thanks guys.

All I have done is apply what I have read on these forums for the last two months.

Apparently it pays-off to send-out emails to a dozen dealers or so stating very specific numbers. No other mark-ups on the MF or bank fee.
I was surprised, I was lucky some of them were willing to play ball.
Good for you. Congratulations. It's a great deal for you and not a great deal for the center. So who was the lucky BMW center and CA?

500 reasons to give them all 5's on the survey.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Your boss and you discussed this thread?

Do you mean to say this is a good deal from my stand-point?

P.S: I noticed I typed a 70% residual, it's a mistake, residual on a 10,000 miles/ 24 months lease is 73%. Monthly payments I am told would be $508.
No I'm saying I could see our GSM's face if one of our CA's brought him that car to order. He'd laugh; that car is a TERRIBLE combination of options. It's not the worst combination of non resell able options I've ever seen but it's damn close.

Some BMW Center is going to get stuck with that car CPO and have to resell that car in 3 years; it simply won't sell.

He is saying that you got a good deal.
Not what I said at all.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
I think its a great deal. Maybe too good to be true without some hidden fee thrown in at the last minute. Make sure to get it all in writing.

By the way...$500 over dealer-invoice + $300 MACO + $180 Training Fee

is actually 980 over invoice. Include all fees when posting your over invoice price.

·
Brevity = soul of wit
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good for you. Congratulations. It's a great deal for you and not a great deal for the center. So who was the lucky BMW center and CA?

500 reasons to give them all 5's on the survey.
Thank you. True: I will rate them well, they do deserve it. I am not sure they would want me to post their name on here without asking (I will).
I was planning on tipping my CA anyway.

No I'm saying I could see our GSM's face if one of our CA's brought him that car to order. He'd laugh; that car is a TERRIBLE combination of options. It's not the worst combination of non resell able options I've ever seen but it's damn close.

Some BMW Center is going to get stuck with that car CPO and have to resell that car in 3 years; it simply won't sell.

Not what I said at all.
Would your assessment be different if it had automatic transmission instead of manual? The other options are pretty good I thought. True: I didn't care for the premium or the winter package.

Thank you for clarifying.

I think its a great deal. Maybe too good to be true without some hidden fee thrown in at the last minute. Make sure to get it all in writing.

By the way...$500 over dealer-invoice + $300 MACO + $180 Training Fee

is actually 980 over invoice. Include all fees when posting your over invoice price.
I'll be careful. Thanks.

You've got a point about the fees. So all the other deals I read about included MACO and raining fee? This means that others have gotten $1,000 over invoice plenty of times, I have seen posts to that effect.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
Thank you. True: I will rate them well, they do deserve it. I am not sure they would want me to post their name on here without asking (I will).
I was planning on tipping my CA anyway.
You're a good person! :thumbup: Tips, gifts, and first borns are appreciated. :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Would your assessment be different if it had automatic transmission instead of manual? The other options are pretty good I thought. True: I didn't care for the premium or the winter package.

Thank you for clarifying.
Auto wouldn't really help; then it's just an abortion of a car without leather seats/premium package

Buyers generally want a fully loaded or a stripped no options car. Adding navigation; but without bluetooth to a relatively low options car just kills the deal for most people. Not to mention the fact that white/beige is a terrible combo (white isn't selling super well right now; yes I know I ordered it but with black interior) and leatherette just adds insult to that injury.

Let's even suppose at the end of your lease you buy the car out and then in 5 years from new decide to sell it; no one is going to want that car.

·
Brevity = soul of wit
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Interesting. You made your case. It may take longer to find a taker for my car in 24 months indeed. :rofl:

I wouldn't think I have atypical taste but Alpine White with tinted windows looks best to me. When I am inside beige is the cleanest look (I have other trim colors in the past in my other cars). I am going to love this car! This is what it will look like. And with tints.

Just to compare here is a set of pictures of different trims on Alpine White: here.

Thank you for responding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting. You made your case. It may take longer to find a taker for my car in 24 months indeed. :rofl:

I wouldn't think I have atypical taste but Alpine White with tinted windows looks best to me. When I am inside beige is the cleanest look (I have other trim colors in the past in my other cars). I am going to love this car! This is what it will look like. And with tints.

Just to compare here is a set of pictures of different trims on Alpine White: here.

Thank you for responding.
Congrats on the car, I like it, but you liking it is all that matters. If you still like it when the lease is up, buy it, and worry about selling it to some schlob with equally poor taste as you and I!:angel:

FWIW, my CA said the same thing about moving my 335i sedan when the lease is up. Montego/Terra/Alum/heated seats/sport/6MT, "what no premium or navi, we'll never move this one in two years...."You know what I said- "thanks, but that's not gonna be my problem"

Seems like the deal you posted is almost as bad as the car in some people's minds. Who are you anyway thinking you deserve to order exactly what you want at the best price you can get it for? :bawling:

·
N54
3,427 Posts
Congrats on the car, I like it, but you liking it is all that matters. If you still like it when the lease is up, buy it, and worry about selling it to some schlob with equally poor taste as you and I!:angel:

FWIW, my CA said the same thing about moving my 335i sedan when the lease is up. Montego/Terra/Alum/heated seats/sport/6MT, "what no premium or navi, we'll never move this one in two years...."You know what I said- "thanks, but that's not gonna be my problem"

Seems like the deal you posted is almost as bad as the car in some people's minds. Who are you anyway thinking you deserve to order exactly what you want at the best price you can get it for? :bawling:
:rofl::rofl:

PM me the dealership/CA info you can

·
Brevity = soul of wit
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This is hilarious and ...true. Thank you for your note, much appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Auto wouldn't really help; then it's just an abortion of a car without leather seats/premium package

Buyers generally want a fully loaded or a stripped no options car. Adding navigation; but without bluetooth to a relatively low options car just kills the deal for most people. Not to mention the fact that white/beige is a terrible combo (white isn't selling super well right now; yes I know I ordered it but with black interior) and leatherette just adds insult to that injury.

Let's even suppose at the end of your lease you buy the car out and then in 5 years from new decide to sell it; no one is going to want that car.
In your quest for advanced car biz reasoning, you seem to forget the basics of car biz: "There's an ass for every seat" :eeps:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts