BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 328i. When I click the start button without holding down the break to just start the electronics, all of the indicator lights light up, and then go away. The only light that remains is a solid orange/yellow engine symbol. The symbol goes away when I start the engine. Is this normal? If not, what could it be?

·
Registered
995 Posts
It is normal. You went into accessory mode, the power was on, the engine was not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Is it also normal for the car to slow down very fast when lifting off the gas after going slowly? I have read that the N20 engine shifts down when you let go of the gas causing this "jerking", but I just wanted to confirm.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks! Is it also normal for the car to slow down very fast when lifting off the gas after going slowly? I have read that the N20 engine shifts down when you let go of the gas causing this "jerking", but I just wanted to confirm.
What drive mode is it in when it does that? Mine does that more prominently when in sport than other modes, I think due to gearing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does it in both comfort and sport, but more in sport. I'm going to have the dealer take a look at it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Mine does it in both comfort and sport, but more in sport. I'm going to have the dealer take a look at it.
I wouldn't, it sounds normal. You are panicking because it is a new car that you are not used to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts