BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand there are many posts about this already and I have read all of them. I still have not found the information I am looking for.

I have a 2000 BMW 328i with a clogged cat. Since I bought this car everything has gone wrong that possibly could and it's been a big PITA. I'd like to have the header install go as smooth as possible.

My dilemma is I cannot find a reputable dealer for the headers. I read Kpeng's thread about eBay headers but the dealers he mentioned are no longer selling. EBay headers can be bought for a great price but I've heard they almost always need modification (I cannot cut/weld).

I've also heard about TopSpeed and bimmerbrakes headers. After reading reviews it seems that they are not a good choice because people receive the wrong headers. Would have went with BimmerBrakes headers but they do not make headers for the 328i.

Also, I do not have enough money for genuine SuperSprint Headers.

I live in Maine so there is no SMOG laws.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your goal? Why not get a used set of 328i headers that will fit exactly right.

Tim
My goal is to delete the cat(which is clogged) and improve sound without modifying the exhaust manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
As you've already pointed out you don't have a lot of choices as the 328i was a limited production run. You could look for a set of used catless headers on E46Fanatics to see if someone is selling them. Seems like your only choice other than a used set of headers or gutting yours.

Tim

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
Also, check the Stahl catalog, they used to make nice headers for a few BMW engines....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you've already pointed out you don't have a lot of choices as the 328i was a limited production run. You could look for a set of used catless headers on E46Fanatics to see if someone is selling them. Seems like your only choice other than a used set of headers or gutting yours.

Tim
Thanks for the advice. I ended up placing an order with TopSpeed after talking with them. Hopefully everything works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts