BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so I've done a lot of searching and can't find any answers, hopefully you guys can help with some input.

I have a 98 328is that I recently picked up. It has an afe intake, m3 track straight pipe, swapped m52 with 30k and a claimed chip and tune done by the previous owner. So here's my question.

I used to own an Audi TT quattro 225. Ko4 turbo, awd, 6 speed. It was wicked fast pushing around 230. When I picked up the Bimmer I raced my Audi (new owner driven) off a dig and a roll and beat it in both... How can this be?! The guy is a good "racer" and it wasn't like he wasn't trying because the sound of the TT I knew he was giving it. Is there any way that my e36 has more power from the small amount of mods? Are any of you running mods close to mine that have numbers on power. I know I could dyno it but i dont want to spend the money just to know that.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,469 Posts
Sounds like NA vs. turbo. Turbos are slow until they spool up, so you probably just caught him out of the boost. The E36 doesn't make much more power with the mods you listed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts