BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first ED, order is in

Ordered my first BMW yesterday. Very exciting. I am waiting for BMW to accept my requested date, once I have it I will post in the "Going to Munich" thread.

The specs are as follows
328xi sedan
Sparkling Graphite
Black Leatherette
Burl
Sport
Xenons
Assist/bluetooth
Folding seats
Comfort Access

Now I get to plan my trip. If anyone has any hotel and restaraunt reccomendations in and around Arco Italy that would be great. The greater Lake Garda area would be good as well. Since I don't have a ton of time due to the fall being very busy at work this will be a short trip, but include some good driving. I plan on picking up the car and heading due south through Austria and the mountains into Northern Italy. I would like to stay in Arco and spend three or four days rock climbing and driving the mountain roads. Then head back to Munich and fly home.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all of their help in making this a reality. A special thanks goes out to Dencoop for a ton of great info and guidance as well as helping me get a great deal and Sbsleonard for recommending a great local dealer who would match my price.

Thanks,
Dave
 

·
Freude am Fahren
Joined
·
19,692 Posts
Congratulations. When are you going?
 

·
I know a thing or two...
Joined
·
7,439 Posts
coppertone said:
Ordered my first BMW yesterday. Very exciting. I am waiting for BMW to accept my requested date, once I have it I will post in the "Going to Munich" thread.

The specs are as follows
328xi sedan
Sparkling Graphite
Black Leatherette
Burl
Sport
Xenons
Assist/bluetooth
Folding seats
Comfort Access

Now I get to plan my trip. If anyone has any hotel and restaraunt reccomendations in and around Arco Italy that would be great. The greater Lake Garda area would be good as well. Since I don't have a ton of time due to the fall being very busy at work this will be a short trip, but include some good driving. I plan on picking up the car and heading due south through Austria and the mountains into Northern Italy. I would like to stay in Arco and spend three or four days rock climbing and driving the mountain roads. Then head back to Munich and fly home.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all of their help in making this a reality. A special thanks goes out to Dencoop for a ton of great info and guidance as well as helping me get a great deal and Sbsleonard for recommending a great local dealer who would match my price.

Thanks,
Dave
CT and no heated seats???

:angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I requested 10/6/06. I guess I will know in few days.

The fold down and heated seats are part of the cold weather package but can be purchased as stand alone. I really wanted the fold down seats, but I did not wanted heated seats. I have them now and so does my wife and I don't really like them. It gets cold in CT, but I keep my car garaged and I have never found cold seats to be an issue.

I never really even considered a BMW as I thought the price would be prohibitive. But when I looked it really wasn't that much more than a Subaru Legacy GT Limited Spec B, Passat 4 Motion or A4. With ED I'm pretty sure this car will be considerbly less than the new G35x which I was considering. And to top it all off I get the best of the bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
coppertone said:
The fold down and heated seats are part of the cold weather package but can be purchased as stand alone. I really wanted the fold down seats, but I did not wanted heated seats. I have them now and so does my wife and I don't really like them. It gets cold in CT, but I keep my car garaged and I have never found cold seats to be an issue.
Does your current car have vinyl seats? Some people think they are colder than cloth. They will definitely be hotter than leather in the Summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adgrant said:
Does your current car have vinyl seats? Some people think they are colder than cloth. They will definitely be hotter than leather in the Summer.
One car is leather and the other is cloth. Its not like you wear shorts in the winter. With jeans of long pants on I have never found cold seats to be an issue.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top