BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic peice (that moves up and down to create trunk space) that Holds the convertible while it is down has somehow become lose. and makes all sorts of noise while driving. What can I do about this to reinforce? Can a body shop take care of that?

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
Sumptuous said:
The plastic peice (that moves up and down to create trunk space) that Holds the convertible while it is down has somehow become lose. and makes all sorts of noise while driving. What can I do about this to reinforce? Can a body shop take care of that?
Yikes, that doesn't sound good. Fortunately I haven't had this problem... nor have I heard of it occuring before. What year is your cabrio? Could you describe in detail a little more about what exactly has "become loose" to make the noise? Does it still function, i.e. do the open and collapse positions both still work?

--J.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JonathanIT said:
Yikes, that doesn't sound good. Fortunately I haven't had this problem... nor have I heard of it occuring before. What year is your cabrio? Could you describe in detail a little more about what exactly has "become loose" to make the noise? Does it still function, i.e. do the open and collapse positions both still work?

--J.
Yes, everything still works fine . . but I think the part that is loose is the bottom peice. I cant quite pin-point it because it only occurs when im driving and even if I had someone else drive my car you cant see whats really making the noise because top down or up its always covered you know? But I know the area it is coming from is the plastic top holder.
It makes noises over small bumps. really small bumps. its quite annoying

·
Looking for an E60 M5
36 Posts
I noticed on my car there is a small cube attached to the underside of the plastic piece that moves up and down. I think it might be an antenna for the OnStar like thing (can't remember BMW's marketing name). Does your car have a small black cube? If it does has it dropped off and is now rattling in the roof compartment.

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
454 Posts
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I'm sorry to read about this problem with your convertible. If you and your BMW center want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at [email protected], and mention Reference #200511900276 so that we can help you more efficiently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts