BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This being my first BMW, wanted to get the expert opinions from the forum. What would you guys do?

or

325 with ZPP, ZSP, and Logic 7

These two vehicles would only be $300 different. Thanks for any advice/help.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Deucer said:
This being my first BMW, wanted to get the expert opinions from the forum. What would you guys do?

or

$300?
I think BMW's pricing scheme has made up your mind for you.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Deucer said:

or

Do you mean a 330 w/ leatherette and no sports package? If you want leather on the 325i, why are you considering leatherette on the 330?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It depends on HP or features are more important to you.

I will pick 330 + SP. PP has no useful stuff if leather is not important.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
E90_or_IS said:

Unless you get all Lexus on us instead. :rofl:

·
Registered
73 Posts
RichReg said:
Unless you get all Lexus on us instead. :rofl:
I can't make the decision until I try the IS350 later this year. I am going to get auto and I am not happy to see all the bad review of the E90 steptronic.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
E90_or_IS said:
I can't make the decision until I try the IS350 later this year. I am going to get auto and I am not happy to see all the bad review of the E90 steptronic.
The IS's manual tranny will never cut it. The auto on the other hand.....who knows.

·
Registered
113 Posts
E90_or_IS said:

That's what I did...a 330 w/SP, manual transmission but no PP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am trying to stay within a budget. I would basically give up the leather for the 255 hp. To me it seems like the 330 is the way to go, but wanted to see if others had been at the same cross roads. Thanks. :thumbup:

·
M3 Hooligan
192 Posts
Deucer said:
I am trying to stay within a budget. I would basically give up the leather for the 255 hp. To me it seems like the 330 is the way to go, but wanted to see if others had been at the same cross roads. Thanks. :thumbup:
After driving my 325i at the Rocky Mountain BMWCCA driving school this weekend: 330 (if you absolutely can't get an M3). :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the 330 is the right decision for me. Has anyone had any luck getting lower than MSRP?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Deucer said:
Whichever one you get, if you decide later that you made a mistake you can get the seats covered in leather a lot easier and cheaper than you can get the 325 motor to make 255 hp.

Priorities.

Be sure to let us know how you like the 'ette.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Deucer said:
I think the 330 is the right decision for me. Has anyone had any luck getting lower than MSRP?
Only through European delivery.

·
Registered
146 Posts
E90_or_IS said:
THe "bad" reviews of the 6sp auto are all from people who would rather die than be caught driving an auto. For a 'normal' driver, the 6 sp ZF auto will be great, probably much better than anything you have driven before.

Again it is all subjective, but I am sure the step tranny is fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
pmoney said:
THe "bad" reviews of the 6sp auto are all from people who would rather die than be caught driving an auto. For a 'normal' driver, the 6 sp ZF auto will be great, probably much better than anything you have driven before.Again it is all subjective, but I am sure the step tranny is fine.
I test drove a 325i with step, this weekend. It was great. The 330 is probably even better, but I am getting the 325 with step. I have a problem with speeding, and the 325 is bad enough as it is. I had a hard time keeping it below 80. Unless you are tracking this car, how much hp do you really need. All of us were happy with the E46 330 at 225hp. Now we need 255hp. Then the 335 will come out with god-knows how much hp. It's a never ending game. Just get the M3 in '07, & be done with it. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alstoy said:
I test drove a 325i with step, this weekend. It was great. The 330 is probably even better, but I am getting the 325 with step. I have a problem with speeding, and the 325 is bad enough as it is. I had a hard time keeping it below 80. Unless you are tracking this car, how much hp do you really need. All of us were happy with the E46 330 at 225hp. Now we need 255hp. Then the 335 will come out with god-knows how much hp. It's a never ending game. Just get the M3 in '07, & be done with it. :p
Get a stick shift if you have speeding issue. I used to have a manual car and it helps control me not to exceed certain speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts