BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i bought that repair kit from ebay and after installing it leaks air very badly from around connector that moves the flap (the image). Is there something to seal of the "hole" or I just need to buy new disa?

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,517 Posts
So i bought that repair kit from ebay and after installing it leaks air very badly from around connector that moves the flap (the image). Is there something to seal of the "hole" or I just need to buy new disa?
did you not get a rubber gasket in the kit? the seal should be tight. Did you remove the existing gasket...you mostlikely had to dig and scrape it out.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
did you not get a rubber gasket in the kit?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app
I bought this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intake-M...M54-2-5-New-/263685542380?txnId=2321048985016
And I didn't have that rubber gasket already. It looks like the previous owner damaged it and throw away. What is this gasket called and where can I get it?

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,517 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I bought this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intake-M...M54-2-5-New-/263685542380?txnId=2321048985016
And I didn't have that rubber gasket already. It looks like the previous owner damaged it and throw away. What is this gasket called and where can I get it?
The one you bought is unbranded and generic. You may want to get the one from German Auto Solutions (GAS) even though it may cost more. People have had good luck with the GAS product. I don't know if the one you bought is as good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts