BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
To true enthusiasts, the 328 is FAR more appealing as it is the last 3-series to have a MECHANICAL THROTTLE. The 330s have drive-by-wire throttles, which suck feel-wise. And the 328s still have the true BMW steering which has not yet been reinstated, even for the 2002 models.

Of the E46s, the 328Ci SP 5-spd is the enthusiasts choice.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
328Cis kick ass! :thumb:

But, the 330 has a by far more powerful motor and bigger brakes. As, the steering is now good again, the 330 is definatally better. I really don't understand all the drive by wire throttle fuss :dunno:

G

·
nate328Ci said:
328Cis kick ass! :thumb:

But, the 330 has a by far more powerful motor and bigger brakes. As, the steering is now good again, the 330 is definatally better. I really don't understand all the drive by wire throttle fuss :dunno:
The steering is STILL not like it was on the '99s and '00s. And maybe you just haven't driven an '01+ 5-spd 330i/Ci enough to notice just how annoying the DBW throttle is. It truly blows.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,639 Posts
I have a 328Ci and have driven the 330Ci during the BMW driving course. Believe it or not, its current state, my 328Ci feels faster and more responsive than the (stock) 330Ci. Of course, my car isn't stock. Of course, a similarly mod'd 330Ci will be better performance machine than a mod'd 328Ci.

Ed

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

The steering is STILL not like it was on the '99s and '00s. And maybe you just haven't driven an '01+ 5-spd 330i/Ci enough to notice just how annoying the DBW throttle is. It truly blows.
My mom has one, I have driven it before (hundreds of miles, possibly 1K). It really isn't bad, the only thing that is truely different is the resistance to pressure (am I clear?) Last time I drove it was more than a month ago, I can give you another review when I go to Houston in a few weeks :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Ed328Ci said:
I have a 328Ci and have driven the 330Ci during the BMW driving course. Believe it or not, its current state, my 328Ci feels faster and more responsive than the (stock) 330Ci. Of course, my car isn't stock. Of course, a similarly mod'd 330Ci will be better performance machine than a mod'd 328Ci.

Ed
You have a 3.15 differtial, that's why :thumb:

G

·
nate328Ci said:

My mom has one, I have driven it before (hundreds of miles, possibly 1K). It really isn't bad, the only thing that is truely different is the resistance to pressure (am I clear?) Last time I drove it was more than a month ago, I can give you another review when I go to Houston in a few weeks :dunno:
Is it a 5-spd?

And do you have to use ":dunno:" in EVERY post?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

Is it a 5-spd?

And do you have to use ":dunno:" in EVERY post?
Both mine, and my mom's are :dunno: I can't stand automatic BMWs. Mostly because of the dumb kickdown mode. Fortunately, the vast majority of BMWs that I have driven are manuals.

I like the smilie. :p

It is gray leather and wood, If I remember, your least favorite combo. I have gray/wood too :p

Attachments

G

·
nate328Ci said:

It is gray leather and wood, If I remember, your least favorite combo. I have gray/wood too :p
You just want to help me alienate all of the grey w/wood guys out there because I asked once why anyone would get a grey interior. You do have a good memory.

To my tastes, it still holds absolutely no appeal to me (IMO, it is bland and the wood clashes with that shade of grey). Worse, to my eyes, grey leather (in person, not in pics) takes on a slight baby blue hue. Not what I want in my BMW.

But to each his own. If everyone liked what I like, I'd have to go start liking different things. ;)

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

You just want to help me alienate all of the grey w/wood guys out there because I asked once why anyone would get a grey interior. You do have a good memory.

To my tastes, it still holds absolutely no appeal to me (IMO, it is bland and the wood clashes with that shade of grey). Worse, to my eyes, grey leather (in person, not in pics) takes on a slight baby blue hue. Not what I want in my BMW.

But to each his own. If everyone liked what I like, I'd have to go start liking different things. ;)
I love my gray/wood :thumb:

The wood isn't a big deal to me, but I think it looks nice. I would probably be just as happy with black plastic trim. The aluminum has no contrast with gray and is unattractive. My last 328Ci didn't have PP, but had gray and wood.

IMO, the best interiors on E46s are gray/wood and black/aluminum (the Myrtle wood doesn't look great with black) and the aluminum looks fantastic on black. You had Black/aluminum. Although other woods look good on black :dunno:

G

·
Plaz said:

Needless to say, I disagree!
I do like the wood with black. I prefer performance cars to NOT have wood altogether, but I think wood looks fine with tan or black. IMO, it doesn't really look right with tanin red either. IMO, aluminum looks great with any interior except tan and grey. It's too mono-chromatic with grey.

Basically, I really dislike the BMW grey (er, baby blue) interiors.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.