BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

I just took delivery of a new 330Cic (European Delivery) and had ordered Sirius for it. When I went to pick the car up, I was told by the dealer he would have to refund my money because they are unable to install Sirius in convertibles. Does anyone :cry: know anything about it. The dealer led me to believe that BMW and Sirius are working on improving the hardware, and that the option may be available as an add-on in the future. Any information is appreciated.

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Gray

· Registered
8,402 Posts
Paul4BMW said:
Hi all --

I just took delivery of a new 330Cic (European Delivery) and had ordered Sirius for it. When I went to pick the car up, I was told by the dealer he would have to refund my money because they are unable to install Sirius in convertibles. Does anyone :cry: know anything about it. The dealer led me to believe that BMW and Sirius are working on improving the hardware, and that the option may be available as an add-on in the future. Any information is appreciated.

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Gray
A mind is a terrible thing to waste... a Dealer's mind is just terrible. :tsk:

Part #1: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=131428&postcount=31
Part #2: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=131957&postcount=35
Part #3: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=131958&postcount=36

:thumbup:

· Registered
200 Posts
Have your dealer check into the part numbers listed on the Circle BMW website. He is very mistaken, I just put sirius in my 2005CiC, works Great!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what BMWUSA has to say about it in response to an email I sent:

"Sirius satellite radio is only available for those 2005 3 Series Convertibles without BMW Assist...The issue is an incompatability between BMW Assist and Sirius satellite radio due to the necessary placement of the satellite receivers."

Other thoughts?

/Paul :dunno:
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite

· There and back again
2,623 Posts
Paul4BMW said:
"Sirius satellite radio is only available for those 2005 3 Series Convertibles without BMW Assist...The issue is an incompatability between BMW Assist and Sirius satellite radio due to the necessary placement of the satellite receivers."
That's more understandable. There are only so many places the electronics can fit in our cars, and it looks like Assist takes the same place that BMW wants to put the Sirius receiver. If you're willing to be creative with the mounting, it will work. In my Touring (where Sirius isn't supported for the same reason) I made a bracket to mount it where the CD changer goes. I'm going to be making up a couple sets of these brackets to use up my left-over metal bar stock, so if you're interested, drop me a PM or email.

· Registered
8,402 Posts
Paul4BMW said:

Other thoughts?

330Cic
Sparkling Graphite
Ok... what about mounting the Sirius tuner here?

Photo courtesy of http://golilm.com/DIY/Bluetooth/BluetoothCab/bluetoothcab.htm

Although this photo is for the BT ULF module I think that with some imagination you can get your tuner there. The issue will be if the CD Changer connectors are long enough to reach that cubbyhole... :confused:

· Registered
798 Posts
Technic:
The Sirius receiver is a "install and forget about it" type of unit. I suggest you work backwards. Find the CD changer connectors and see if there is enough room there. There should be because that is where the CD changer is expected to be mounted. FYI: The dimensions of the Sirius receiver is approx. 6.25"x1.5"x7.0".

I hope this helps...JL

· Registered
8,402 Posts
SRFast said:
Technic:
The Sirius receiver is a "install and forget about it" type of unit. I suggest you work backwards. Find the CD changer connectors and see if there is enough room there. There should be because that is where the CD changer is expected to be mounted. FYI: The dimensions of the Sirius receiver is approx. 6.25"x1.5"x7.0".

I hope this helps...JL
That will work too... :thumbup:

· Registered
12 Posts
Paul4BMW said:

Other thoughts?

330Cic
Sparkling Graphite
I bought my 330CIC in Maryland in April. The first car I looked at had BMW assist and the dealer told me they could install Sirius but it would be complicated and they couldn't tell me how much it would cost. So, I ordered my car w/o BMW Assist. The dealer is Passport, if you want to check with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.