BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

330i Dinan Signature Package

1052 3
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the following aspects of their signature package:

High flow exhaust (increase mpg? droning on the hwy?)
Bored throttle body (decrease mpg?)
Ram-air intake (increase mpg?)
Front strut tower brace

Basically, I'd like to eventually use this car on the track (for fun, not competition) and feel as though these might be a welcome addition. I would also likely install a LSD. So, for about $4,000 total (including LSD), would I be any further ahead from where I'm already at with my ZSP 6MT? Dinan claims a total output of 270hp and 245 ft/lb (up from 255/220). I realize it doesn't put it anywhere near a chipped 335i, but I love the balance of this car.

Oh, can't forget their aluminum pedals as part of the package...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
We put the Ram Air intake on my wife's 330. We saw an immediate increase of about 1.5-2 mpg depending on the mix of motorway vs. in town driving.
Interesting. Is it noticably loud when you are driving?
We put the Ram Air intake on my wife's 330. We saw an immediate increase of about 1.5-2 mpg depending on the mix of motorway vs. in town driving.
If you are doing these upgrades to improve track performance, you are better served spending the money improving the performance of the driver than the car. This will improve your day today driving performance/enjoyment too.

I think the first stop for improving track performance is upgrading the brakes, tires and possibly suspension.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.