BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how I missed this earlier but I just noticed that the Performance Package was 'put together' by BMW Individual.

Until now, with rare receptions, Individual was outside of what was offered in the US (Canada just got it recently). Could it be possible that this will pave the way for the Individual program to be offered here in full? :confused: :thumbup:

·
10,856 Posts
Mmmmm....

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I think there've been a few previous US-spec models that were also put together by Individual. Late in the E36 run there were some special 328iC cars that had champagne leather and some other appearance tweaks.

If only....

·
Registered
738 Posts
Kaz said:
I don't know how I missed this earlier but I just noticed that the Performance Package was 'put together' by BMW Individual.

Until now, with rare receptions, Individual was outside of what was offered in the US (Canada just got it recently). Could it be possible that this will pave the way for the Individual program to be offered here in full? :confused: :thumbup:
We are also getting Alpina back in the US... (but don't get me started on how they are coming back.... I don't like the fact that they are doing it by taking over the Z8 and replacing it with a milder auto version)

BMW wants to be the top luxury car seller in the US, and they are close to doing it. These new and special offerings can help them to lure back customers they have lost as well as customers that have been shopping other brands. I personally would love to see them extend the offerings of Individual as well as bring a few more Alpina models (perhaps in models where there is no M variant, like in the 3 series sedan/wagons for example). This will obviously take a lot of work and money, though. I won't hold hold my breath.

I think it would be cool if Individual put together some cool interior/exterior combos and offered them in a way similar to M-B's designo program. They wouldn't have to worry about customers ordering a green car with orage leather and then being stuck with the car when the customer backed out like if they instituted the full Individual program, but it would add some cool options and make the line more appealing. Maybe they could offer two or three unique Individual exterior/interior trim combos for each line. It would be nice to be able to get a unique Nappa leather interior with different wood trim and perhaps a cool exterior color. If they offer it in larger quantities, they might be able to offer more reasonable prices, too.

There is alot they could do that would be good, but its out of our hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts