BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This questions is for for anyway who can answer it but mainly Jon Shafer.

I have a friend leasing a 330i. Could anyone tell me what the money factor (buy rate) and residual would be on a 3yr lease with 15k miles per?

Thanks.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I think due to some anti-competition rules and stipulations, Jon can't post his rates ON-LINE...

You're probably better off just emailing him offline for that stuff Ben.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I knew that he couldn't post them online. I was hoping he would PM with the info. My friend tried calling him but got his Voice mail which said he is still on vacation. :p

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CD-55 said:
I have never leased from BMWFS, but can you not just call them and ask?
Nope, I highly doubt it. They would never tell you the buy rate which is the rate they give the dealers and most likely would just refer you to your dealer.

Dealer like to charge above the buy rate so they make extra money on the car. BMWFS lets the dealer keep the money from the spread between the buy rate and what they sign the financing contract for. Kind of shady? Of Course.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am also interested in this information (money factor and residual). I am actually looking at 330Ci so if Jon or any other who knows would also PM me I'd be very greatful. :D

PS: at the same terms - 3 year and 15000 miles/year.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ben Chou said:

You can be a hardass and demand/get the buy rate though.
Oh yeah, when I picked up my new 325, my F/I guy had had about enough of me.:) he said I seemed to know more about the rates and factors than he did. I purchased through bmwfs and knew about the february rate reduction before he did.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
But isn't it normal to sell a loan above the seller's buy rate? Seems to me that it's just like selling anything else - buy at "wholesale" and sell at retail. I know that interest rates make for a good chunk of the profits, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some good old-fashioned profit built into those interest rates. Anyone with a financial background?

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Ben Chou said:
Jetfire,

I saw your post. What happened to it? I was just about to respond to it.
Sorry - I started writing when I realized that I had no idea what I was talking about. :) Revised post is now posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.