BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have been reading and have seen that a lot of you guys say that it is pretty hard to get extra power out of a BMW engine.

I am from South Africa and have a 2001 BMW 330i Individual.There is a local tuning company here known as Chip-Logic there web site is www.chiplogic.co.za and i sent them an e-mail requesting info on a chip for my car.This is the reply i got.Let me know what you guys think.By the way 19killowats equates to about 25 HP

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 April 2005 07:18 PM
To: Shaughn Smith
Subject: RE: BMW 330i

Hi there

These cars blend well to tuning!

Gains 27-34 nm & 16-19 kw(full throttle) 55nm part throttle,also improving fuel efficiency!speed limiter turned off(V MAX)

R5000.00 are the costs,incl dyno set-up

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 31 March 2005 03:04 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: BMW 330i

Hi I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a 2001 BMW 330i Individual.The car is still stock and still has the catalytic converters.I want to chip the car but I am wondering about what kind of gains I can be expecting.

The car is still under motorplan so I want to be sure that they cannot detect the updated software.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
OBDII chips usually gain you about 0 hp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have personally seen E46 M3's that gain quite a bit of extra HP when these guys map the ECU.It isnt a plug in chip then load new maps etc onto the existing chip.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,276 Posts
Not to disparage this company`s claims, but it would seem logical to me that if a chip/ECU setup offering substantial gains *actually existed*, the world would beat a path to their door....it would not remain a secret for long. The fact that none of the major aftermarket tuners have been able to accomplish this leads me to believe that it`s not an easy task....

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
328individual said:
I have personally seen E46 M3's that gain quite a bit of extra HP when these guys map the ECU.It isnt a plug in chip then load new maps etc onto the existing chip.
In combination with other mods yes, but with just a remapping, I don't think so.

·
10,856 Posts
People have achieved some gains with chips. Very few will actually notice them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts