BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of waiting, I got my Canon SD500 earlier last week. Fortunately, due to a Saturday night bender, I was able to take some early morning pics of my car (with the clears installed 3 months ago). :eeps: :angel:

The car's dotted with bugs, the exhaust tips are dirty, there's morning condensation, and I forgot to align the roundels till midway through the impromptu shoot. :rolleyes: Ah well.

Attachments

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Nice pics, and the SD500 is an awesome camera - I love mine!

·
Scheiße!!!
1,135 Posts
The 1st pic is now my official Wallpaper :D

If thats okay with you?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just some photo tips for beauty shots. Shoot right at sunrise or sunset. There will be a nice line across the side of the car. No trees or tall objecs behind you. Make sure the sun is to your back and make sure you don't cast a shadow on the car. You will be very pleased with the outcome. I was a pro photograher for 10 years.

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Fen, Great shots!!! One thing though - you have to lose the front license plate!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. :)

I'm loving the SD500. I still want to get a DSLR, but you can't have that around all the time when the moment strikes.

The front plate really doesn't bother me, appearance-wise. :) It's required for California and for FasTrak lanes, and I'd rather have it on for the minimal amount of protection it could offer from another parallel parker.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two pics from an August trip down to Monterey / Carmel. Unfortunately, the sun never appeared during the trip, so this is it. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Wow I love that 2nd shot.

I'm glad I finally got to see Southern California for the 1st time - we went to San Diego for a wedding.

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
FenPhen said:
Two pics from an August trip down to Monterey / Carmel. Unfortunately, the sun never appeared during the trip, so this is it. :(

Hey, I know that spot! That's the $10 road by the golf course and the "lonely cypress" (I think that's the name of that tree). Very cool :thumbup: The good thing about lack of sun is no shadows.

-Mark

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dawg90 said:
Wow I love that 2nd shot.

I'm glad I finally got to see Southern California for the 1st time - we went to San Diego for a wedding.
Thanks. :) You should come back to California and drive down the Pacific Coast. (I should too... :eeps: )

markseven said:
Hey, I know that spot! That's the $10 road by the golf course and the "lonely cypress" (I think that's the name of that tree). Very cool :thumbup: The good thing about lack of sun is no shadows.
I don't think I was near the Lonely Cypress. I wanted to go on 17 Mile Drive, but my group was tired and didn't want to go motoring. :cry:

We were at the Camel Beach. Here's where I was parked:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=13th+...Sea,+CA+93921&spn=0.003775,0.007950&t=h&hl=en

(I think the Lonely Cypress is over by the background of the first pic.)

·
Registered
189 Posts
niiice

nice shots...man look at that scenery...nice car, nice beach, great life :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts