Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a strange one for you which has happened 3 times now:

After I back my 330xi out of the garage I put it in 1st and a couple of seconds later I slightly tap the brakes to make sure I don't start rolling over my lawn- but I am moving- it's a steep driveway.

When I tap the brakes, it almost feels like ABS kicks in for a split second, or even hill decent control but no lights are present on the dash board telling me one has kicked in.

It has happened when the car is in 1st and even once when I was in neutral but coasting a couple of miles per hour.

I can't duplicate the problem and the brakes work fine under all circumstances.

I have not accidently hit the hill decent button either so it can't be engaged. It sounds and feels like you just hit the brakes hard on an icy surface- you know, when ABS kicks in.

Any idea what's going on here?

·
10,856 Posts
There is no ABS idiot light. Thje only time the ABS light comes on is when the system is down.
In all likelihood, you just activated the ABS system.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
activating ABS while crawling along at 2 miles per hour on dry pavement?

Wonder why it would not test itself when I first hit the brakes while in reverse?

Kind of odd...

·
10,856 Posts
Oh, I know. It's the reverse. :) ABS wasn't active. The ABS system doesn't activate until 4MPH. You locked your wheels, probably.

·
10,856 Posts
Oh yes, and the ABS system only deactivates once you get under 2MPH, which probably makes it more difficult to duplicate the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts