BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what interior leather would look better with the outside being montego blue. Inside leather beige or black??

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Both would work It is just a matter of preference.

·
N54
3,427 Posts
I personally like asymmetry between ext/interior colors (i.e. dark ext & light int, or light ext & dark int). If it were me, I'd go with beige to offset the blue ext.

Yeah, just go with your personal preference.

G/f prefers dark/dark. OTOH, someone else said AW/beige looks great on the E92/93

To each, his own

·
ANDY is always with me
1,888 Posts
My car is Monaco Blue with the beige leather. I love it , but I think that the Montego Blue would look good with the saddle interior. :thumbup:

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
My car is Monaco Blue with the beige leather. I love it , but I think that the Montego Blue would look good with the saddle interior. :thumbup:
Here's Larry's car next to mine.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
what interior leather would look better with the outside being montego blue. Inside leather beige or black??
I went with black interior for two reasons: 1) I had grey on my last 'vert (e46 330 in Topaz blue) and wanted a change and 2) keeping light colored interior clean on a convertible is a PITA. I did it for 5 years and speak from experience.

I love the black interior with Montego, but if you're getting a sedan or coupe or touring, I think either would look fine. Beige isn't my favorite, but I also agree with others that saddle would look very nice, and the jade grey is very unique. Lemon might be interesting too, but I'm not sure if it would go well with Montego.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
I have black on mine, but I've seen lemon and it looks very nice. I'd probably have gone for that except with a new baby the lighter leather seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Montego Blue + Lemon + aluminium would be great. That's for a sedan, though.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I've got black leather with grey poplar wood and absolutely love the color combo!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Having booked my ED 4 months before taking delivery, I agonized over the interior color for a very long time.... I was principally weighing the fact that I felt cream beige was the ideal with this color, but also knew that it would probably get dirty just from using too much foul language -let alone actual dirt coming in contact with it.

Having seen saddle in my neighborhood a couple weeks before leaving, and seeing the grey at a dealer, I ended up with beige. -In a convertible, I think beige is the best (& classiest) looking interior color for Montego. It is a high maintenance color, but stunning to look at as well as to sit in...so far I'm happy with the trade off.

If I were getting Montego on a fixed roof model, I'd also seriously consider saddle (a good looking combination when shown in the 2007 coupe brochure). The two-tone use of black didn't look right on the vert painted Montego blue, but seems to work better with coupes/sedans.

Just my 2 cents...here are a couple of pics of mine: The indoor light at the welt doesn't do the car justice so I included a couple of outdoor shots from our trip as well. The car was just a joy to look at each day that we used it. To our surprise, we got random thumbs up here and there in Italy with this car...especially with the top down.

I miss her so....

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I ordered the a 335sedan, prem pack, sport pack, navig, i-pod, sat radio, keyless start. Montego blue with beige interior. I could not make up my mind, i first ordered it with black leather, but i just called to change it to beige. The pictures with that combo do look good, but you have a convertible and i ordered a sedan. Well i cant change my mind anymore, so i hope i did the right thing.

·
ANDY is always with me
1,888 Posts
Well I ordered the a 335sedan, prem pack, sport pack, navig, i-pod, sat radio, keyless start. Montego blue with beige interior. I could not make up my mind, i first ordered it with black leather, but i just called to change it to beige. The pictures with that combo do look good, but you have a convertible and i ordered a sedan. Well i cant change my mind anymore, so i hope i did the right thing.
You did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats. You're going to love it!

One item I'd recommend when you pickup is shelling out for a set of matching (beige) rubber floor mats to supplement the carpeted ones that you'll get with the car. We bought a set at the Welt, used them on our ED trip last month in variable weather conditions, and are happy to have a set we can hose off occasionally and just keep the carpeted ones on hand for the dry season.

What color trim did you choose?

Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i went with dark wood. not the light wood. When i was going with the black leather i went with aluminum trim. This is my first bmw, i always wanted one but i went with the acura tl and g35. I can wait for it to come, they said it will take 5-6weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:thumbup:

I ordered Cream Beige with dark wood... picking up in Munich on June 6 (hopefully).

-- Mike R.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You cant go wrong with Black Dakota!!

I just got a Space Gray with Black Dakota (335i coupe), looks awesome

When you get a chance to check out the car in person, get the dealer to park a few side by side, helped me out. I was really keen on the Montego blue until I saw it next to the space gray. But its all down to personal preference.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts