BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has recently encountered the same thing...

I called the 800 # for ED to find out where my vehicle was.. They told me it was leaving customs and waiting for a computer update ??

Just curious if this is just my car... or all 335's... and if anyone knows what the update was for...

Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
Did you already do your ED?

EDIT: I see that you did. I actually have a theory on this, but I don't want to spread misinformation because I can be very wrong. But nothing to worry about really - they are just probably upgrading your ECU or computer program.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you already do your ED?
Yes.. I did on April 3rd...

My car got to the port of Newark on April 28th.. just trying to track it and figure out what this computer update is all about and if others experienced the same thing....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Are you planning on any engine modifications for your car? If not, then I would not worry at all about this.

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
If it means anything, my car was just in for 1 year service and got the update as well. It is quite lengthy and they had to keep the car overnight. At the VDC in Jersey City, they perform all updates in a facility that looks like something out of The Matrix. All these new BMW's attached by cables to a computer ....:wow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts