BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335 f30 exhaust sound pop during acceleration

3357 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  fuckthatf30
Hi guys
I have a new 335 f30 model 2012 ,I noticed that during accelerating in sport mode or manual by the end of each gear as soon as it reach 6500 rpm and shifting up , I feel that left exhaust pipe is popping for a part of a second and it applicable with all gears.
Like the left tail flip is closed and suddenly is open which make a burble sound
Is it normal with 335 f30
I already went to BMW dealer , as I was informed it's something normal
All od technical wording ...... Related to vacuim
Coul any one please advise . :cry:
Nb/ I never had such strangevsounds with my c350 although it not performing like 335
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Sounds cool to me. I love a nice burble or popping noise on the overrun.

My e92 335 does the same thing in sport mode but it has the bnw performance software installed and that's one of the features!
I know the F30 335i automatic makes some kind of exhaust burble sound when it upshifts at full throttle near redline. If that sounds like what yours is doing, it's probably normal.
It is normal and its sounds you will generally hear on fast shifting turbo cars. On the Gti we called it the DSG fart.

I have a 6MT 335i so I dont have it but I do get a burble on compression.

PS. I dont think you should compare a c350 to 335i ever again. :roundel:
Hi guys
I have a new 335 f30 model 2012 ,I noticed that during accelerating in sport mode or manual by the end of each gear as soon as it reach 6500 rpm and shifting up , I feel that left exhaust pipe is popping for a part of a second and it applicable with all gears.
Like the left tail flip is closed and suddenly is open which make a burble sound
Nb/ I never had such strangevsounds with my c350 although it not performing like 335
Hi guys
There’s also a sensor you could disconnect while revving in sport mode which’ll keep that left tail flip open permanently.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.