BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had thought the SOP for the 335 Sedan was in September. My dealer states he can only order 330i Sedans. When would the cut-off be for the 330i before they will not make them?

·
Registered
927 Posts
If in fact the SOP for 335 sedans was early September, the dealers would be ready to take orders essentially today, or at least would have lots of instructions in hand. Hard to imagine that a dealer would not take a small deposit to put you on the list to send in an order a week from Tuesday,for example.

I have a suspicion that there is likely to be an engine supply problem, and that the production will be heavily biased toward the (more expensive) 335i coupe. I still suspect that the sedan will be a phantom model which will appear in extremely limited quantities for several months to come. If you look at BMWUSA.com, the coupe is shown as a future model, with no pricing, and the sedan not mentioned at all. I would not attribute that to the laziness of their Webmaster in updating the site. I think it indicates an intentional slow start to the introduction of these new model(s).

We need to all keep our ears to the ground. By the way, our local BMW dealer has a fairly large inventory of 325's on the lot. What does that tell you?

·
Registered
205 Posts
jelliotlevy said:
If in fact the SOP for 335 sedans was early September, the dealers would be ready to take orders essentially today, or at least would have lots of instructions in hand. Hard to imagine that a dealer would not take a small deposit to put you on the list to send in an order a week from Tuesday,for example.

I have a suspicion that there is likely to be an engine supply problem, and that the production will be heavily biased toward the (more expensive) 335i coupe. I still suspect that the sedan will be a phantom model which will appear in extremely limited quantities for several months to come. If you look at BMWUSA.com, the coupe is shown as a future model, with no pricing, and the sedan not mentioned at all. I would not attribute that to the laziness of their Webmaster in updating the site. I think it indicates an intentional slow start to the introduction of these new model(s).

We need to all keep our ears to the ground. By the way, our local BMW dealer has a fairly large inventory of 325's on the lot. What does that tell you?
The Coupe is shown on BMWUSA.com because every one knows it was due for a face lift to bring it in line with the current e90 styling. The 07 sedan is not shown on the web site as nothing (or nearly nothing) has changed cosmetically to the e90 from 06 to 07. The biggest change is obviously the new engine in the 335i e90. So the big reason it is not on the web site is that BMW did not want to hurt summer sales of the 325/330. I was already to buy a e90 330 in May but after reading all the speculation that the 325/330 would become the 328/335 and with the 335 getting the new engine I held out for a few months and I'm glade I did.

The 06 e90 325/330 stopped production I believe end of July so it is impossible to order one. You will just have to search on dealer lots for one.

BMW started taking orders for the 07 e90s a few weeks ago but still has not "officially" announced the model changes. I suspect that will happen in a few weeks and the web site will be updated with all the 07 models.

I ordered my e90 335 last weekend and my CA had orders for 5 other e90s. Not sure how many e92 were on order. My CA did not have "official" pricing and my order sheet has [blocked] where the price would go but you can find the "unofficial" pricing on this site. My car is going into production in week 36 so I should have it early October.

So in short teh OP needs to find a new dealer.

Ed

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ultimately, the answer to speculation is hard facts, and if ek 335i has been able to order an E90 335i, that in itself is an important indicator. Can't wait to hear, again for a fact, that it has been produced and is waiting to traverse the Atlantic, but that will be a while.

To change the subject only a bit, what does this new engine availability say about the Z4? It is hard to imagine very good sales of the Z4 if it doesn't get the 300 hp twin turbo, but yet I have not heard of the existence of such a model.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
jelliotlevy said:
Ultimately, the answer to speculation is hard facts, and if ek 335i has been able to order an E90 335i, that in itself is an important indicator. Can't wait to hear, again for a fact, that it has been produced and is waiting to traverse the Atlantic, but that will be a while.

To change the subject only a bit, what does this new engine availability say about the Z4? It is hard to imagine very good sales of the Z4 if it doesn't get the 300 hp twin turbo, but yet I have not heard of the existence of such a model.
You probably won't find it going into the Z4 unless the M gets an upgrade to the new 400HP M3 engine. The bi-turbo engine is too close in power figures to the current M.

·
Registered
205 Posts
xspeedy said:
You probably won't find it going into the Z4 unless the M gets an upgrade to the new 400HP M3 engine. The bi-turbo engine is too close in power figures to the current M.
I agree you probably won't see it in the Z4 till 08 then the M Z4 might get the new engine going into the 08 M3.

Ed

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
My E90 335i sedan order is in BMW's system at status 111, I have a production number which means it shows up on Owner's Circle as '2007 335i Sedan' with my configuration and it is slated to be built the week of 9/3.

BTW, the pricing that has shown up on this site for the sedan is official and it is what shows up on the dealer's screen when he configures your order.

Go to a dealer that knows what is going on...

EDIT, here is a screen shot of my order...

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
greginaz1 said:
My E90 335i sedan order is in BMW's system at status 111, I have a production number which means it shows up on Owner's Circle as '2007 335i Sedan' with my configuration and it is slated to be built the week of 9/3.

BTW, the pricing that has shown up on this site for the sedan is official and it is what shows up on the dealer's screen when he configures your order.

greginaz1, how long did it take to get to status 111?

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Contact Patch said:
greginaz1, how long did it take to get to status 111?
Well, I was #2 on my dealers allocation list and when it came out on 7/28 he sent me the production number...if your dealer has an open slot it should take a day or so for him to get you your production number.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
LH1 said:
I e-mailed 2 dealers near me about ordering, but they both said they can't yet.
Either they don't know what they are doing...or they have run out of production slots...you can try other dealers or get on their waiting list for when they get more slots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
greginaz1 said:
Either they don't know what they are doing...or they have run out of production slots...you can try other dealers or get on their waiting list for when they get more slots.
Response from the dealer closest to me was:

"While BMW has allocated Otto's production units for the 335 coupe, we have not received anything for the sedan quite yet. I suspect that those units should be allocated to us come August. We are anticipating a September/October build for that car, so it is right around the corner."

I guess I should be patient. Maybe he'll get back to me next week.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
LH1 said:
Response from the dealer closest to me was:

"While BMW has allocated Otto's production units for the 335 coupe, we have not received anything for the sedan quite yet. I suspect that those units should be allocated to us come August. We are anticipating a September/October build for that car, so it is right around the corner."

I guess I should be patient. Maybe he'll get back to me next week.
Maybe he is a small dealer and initially got no allocation...my dealer here is Top 10 size so maybe they got earlier allocations.

PS, if you are in a hurry I'd put $1000 down to get on their waitlist to make sure you get a slot...you can negotiate your deal too now and get that put down on a Purchase Order...basically I had my whole deal (cap, MF markup and acquistion) worked out prior to getting my production number.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Greg is right...I went to my dealer to talk about this car here in NJ & they have NO allocations for the '07 Sedans yet.
This will probably change soon....:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
greginaz1 said:

Congratulations!
I just got my production number on my e90 335i and when I went to owners circle, it added the vehicle to my profile. is there a way to get that screen with registered options off owners circle?

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
greginaz1 said:

I like how you've optioned your car. Simple and to the point. :thumbup: Why are you getting heated seats in AZ, though?

Ideally, I'd order mine just the same, only I'd probably go with jet black and try my hardest to delete the power seats and get anthracite cloth interior. Quite a special order - wonder if it will be possible next year.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I know we Bimmerfest and E90Post members are an odd lot, but damn, it seems like there are hundreds of us interested, in some cases fanatically piqued, about the ZHP/M-sport interior stuff -- anthracite headliner, steering wheel, short shift knob, alcantara, etc. And for good reason: these are functional items that improve the sports driving environment. So why the delay in releasing these items? Euro gets m-sport pack on the E90 pretty much from the get-go. Not yet on the E92 -- who knows what that delay is about. But it's been 16 months since the release of the E90 in NA, and no availability of M-sport interior on priority one. Grrrr.

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
akhbhaat said:
I like how you've optioned your car. Simple and to the point. :thumbup: Why are you getting heated seats in AZ, though?

Ideally, I'd order mine just the same, only I'd probably go with jet black and try my hardest to delete the power seats and get anthracite cloth interior. Quite a special order - wonder if it will be possible next year.
Thanks AK!

Heated seats mostly for the wife...plus we do live in northern AZ at over 5K elevation where it is much cooler than Phoenix...we actually should start seeing nighttime temps in the 40's in another month or so...

I did ask about cloth and got nowhere though...:(

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
JREIT said:
Congratulations!
I just got my production number on my e90 335i and when I went to owners circle, it added the vehicle to my profile. is there a way to get that screen with registered options off owners circle?
Yep, just click on Order Tracking on the right side of your screen...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts