BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I look forward to purchase a very nice 2013 M Pack performance 335 xi.

The car is not a cpo and have already 60k km.

Is this a major mistake to buy that car without warranty??

I know some BMW model need absolutely a warranty for the major parts.

What about this one??

Tks

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hi

I look forward to purchase a very nice 2013 M Pack performance 335 xi.

The car is not a cpo and have already 60k km.

Is this a major mistake to buy that car without warranty??

I know some BMW model need absolutely a warranty for the major parts.

What about this one??

Tks
You will need to get a good pre purchase inspection to answer that question. Who are you buying the car from, a BMW dealer or a 3rd party lot (or a private seller)?

"I" personally am NOT a fan of buying late model used BMWs from 3rd party lots for a number of reasons, but people have pointed out to me in the past that there are valid reasons late model bmws can be on third party lots. Still, "I" would not do it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Yes exactly its from a 3rd party..
But in this case, i look to in BMW's dealers. But the model we talk about have everything that i like and clearly very rare to find...

Another one very close in term of equipment But not the same, are about 6k more in a bmw dealer.
Cpo and almost 2 year and a half extended warranty.

Probably a better choice

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
For "me" its not necessarily a CPO or not thing. Its just that BMW dealers usually get best choice of lease return vehicles, and ones that end up on 3rd party lots "usually" do so because they were purchased at auction. There are plenty of valid reasons why a car could end up at auction, but there are also some hidden reasons why they would. From a BMW dealer, the car is "usually" in "better" condition. The CPO means that if/when you have problems, you can take it to a BMW dealer if they are major problems. CPO does not = troublefree, it just = pre purchased warranty IMO, BUT that warranty is worth something to me.

3rd Party lot = get a pre purchase inspection, and be prepared to take your chances (either fixing things yourself, or with money set aside to fix any issues that might be missed). I am going to stress (again) that this is my own personal opinion, and many others here have a different one.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
for "me" its not necessarily a cpo or not thing. Its just that bmw dealers usually get best choice of lease return vehicles, and ones that end up on 3rd party lots "usually" do so because they were purchased at auction. There are plenty of valid reasons why a car could end up at auction, but there are also some hidden reasons why they would. From a bmw dealer, the car is "usually" in "better" condition. The cpo means that if/when you have problems, you can take it to a bmw dealer if they are major problems. Cpo does not = troublefree, it just = pre purchased warranty imo, but that warranty is worth something to me.

3rd party lot = get a pre purchase inspection, and be prepared to take your chances (either fixing things yourself, or with money set aside to fix any issues that might be missed). I am going to stress (again) that this is my own personal opinion, and many others here have a different one.
+1

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to go with a cpo
And full 3 year of warranty.

I trade in a x3 2010
I wondering if the ownership overall cost for a 335 xi over a x3
Is similar? For usual stuff like tires brakes ...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts