BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the 335d glow plugs and how you activate them,since theres no key to turn like in my Jetta tdi.Sorry if this has been discussed before. 2010 335d do to arrive end of Nov. can't wait.
Thanks Art

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think if you need pre-heating they will engage before the car start, just press start, if there is a longer hesitation than normal that means that preheating was needed (also glow plugs should be indicated on the dash). There is no extra step needed.
T

·
Registered
11 Posts
They start preheating when you unlock/open the door. Like your Idrive starts to boot up before you push the start button.

In almost all cases my 335D will start immediately on the button.

D.

·
BMW d Driver
1,123 Posts
In the manual it says that it will delay the start after pressing the start button as needed. That is the nice thing about the automatic start button...does it all on its own ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
They start preheating when you unlock/open the door. Like your Idrive starts to boot up before you push the start button.

In almost all cases my 335D will start immediately on the button.

D.
Interesting, would be a kinda silly to have them preheat even if you don't intend to drive ...:rolleyes:
T

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Interesting, would be a kinda silly to have them preheat even if you don't intend to drive ...:rolleyes:
T
I'm with tlak and Grentz on this one. The glow plugs don't light up the moment the door is opened. The glow plugs are of the quick heat variety. If more than a quick glow is required, then there is a delay in when the engine turns over after the Start button is pressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts