BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same price for a new 335i coupe or a 2003 911 C4S with 18k miles, never driven in the rain and near showroom condition, which do you take and why. I was planning on the 335i but, my Father has made me an offer on his 911. Warranty on the 911 ends in 6 months. 6 speed, silver and near perfect. This thread will not make the decision for me but, I am looking for info. that I might not have gained on my own. Gut says 911. Brain says 335i due to warranty. Either way, I will be a happy camper. Thanks.:dunno:

·
Registered
713 Posts
As much as I've always loved BMW's, I'd go with the Porsche. As they say... "there is no substitute." If it wasn't for the need to have 4 doors and a multi purpose vehicle, I'd be in a Porsche as well. If you know the previous owner, and can verify proper maintenance over the years, and that it was driven responsibly and not abused, go with the Porsche.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input. Had the 911 out today after we detailed it and it is a fun car to drive. I like the idea of having a great car that belonged to my Father and possibly passing it down one day to my son. I do not think the great looks will ever die for me. Really enjoyed the 6 speed 335i coupe I test drove and was looking forward to ED but, I think I will buy his car. Thanks for the help/input over the past couple of months on the 335i!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have a 335 but always wanted a 911, get the 911 no question and you won't see one at every stoplight like 335's!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd say the 911...a stock porsche says "sports car" versus a stock 335i. I mean the 335i is a sweet car, but you need to mod that thing to make it really flex it's muscle.
Tale that stock 911 (which comes with a nice set of brake calipers and rotors, right?) add a sick set of wheels and you've gone from "sports car" to "sick car"......hope that makes sense.

I'm asking myself the same question now after buying my 330ci in 2004, it's nice now because I've put alot of mods on it, but if I would've used the same money I had to buy the 330ci on a down payment ($42,000) for a Porsche I think I'd be a lot happier now :(

Can you post some pics of his Porsche?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.