Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had new tires put on my 2008 335I convertible today. The old one were worn to the belts on the inside, still looked good on the outside. The place did an alignment but said there were no camber adjustments. I was not sure about a regular tire shop doing an alignment, but my son said they have top of the line equipment, and the printout I was given says 4 wheel total alignment. The camber on both sides in the rear is -2.0 now, before it was right side -2.2 and left 1.9. Did I get ripped off or do the 335I not have anyway to adjust camber. Thanks

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Kaufman Tire has been able to adjust my E46, E90, F10, and F30 rear camber so that the rear tires wear evenly.

·
Brucew
120 Posts
I had new tires put on my 2008 335I convertible today. The old one were worn to the belts on the inside, still looked good on the outside. The place did an alignment but said there were no camber adjustments. I was not sure about a regular tire shop doing an alignment, but my son said they have top of the line equipment, and the printout I was given says 4 wheel total alignment. The camber on both sides in the rear is -2.0 now, before it was right side -2.2 and left 1.9. Did I get ripped off or do the 335I not have anyway to adjust camber. Thanks
Rear wheell camber can be adjusted
Before I got a recent alignment camber was about -2.0
I got the alignment shop to reduce the camber to -1.5 and I am getting much better tire wear
Front wheel camber cannot be adjusted without special camber plates

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picture

alignment.JPG

Laser, Kaufman tire is where I took it, they are now Mavis. I included a picture, Please take a look and let me know what you think. Should I take it back and get them to redo it, or do you think the specs are ok. I could get my money back and take it to BMW only shop. Thanks

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts