BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Scheiße!!!
1,242 Posts
dencoop said:
ahhhaaaahhhaaaa:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No wait, that was my last ride my new one is the accord 750i...Get with the program dude:rofl:

The funny thing is it looks very similar to what my real accord looked like...check it out.....
Where's the car? :D

· Registered
5,304 Posts
I hate to say, but compared to the E92 brochure I just picked up, those real-life pictures of yours make the car look sort of plain. The grey interior, in particular, looks very monochromatic.

bagbklyn said:
This week while on a business trip in the Chicago suburbs, I stop by a local dealership and start questioning the SA about the new 335i. He tells me it is a gorgeous car and there is one not too far away. So I was on the hunt and this is what I found.

Pictures do no JUSTICE for the car. It is a beauty at night and day (in person); I AM SOLD!!!

View attachment 81595

View attachment 81596

View attachment 81597

View attachment 81598

View attachment 81599

· Registered
15 Posts
To me this is a huge improvement over the E90 :thumbup: , which from behind looks like it's sticking its a** up way too high. The only two gripes I have with this design is that it looks a little too fat from the side (a tad too bulky rather than nimble and sporty) and that they had to attach those fugly amber side reflectors for the US models. :thumbdwn:

· Do the interns get Glocks
9,494 Posts
Yeah those tail lights are lame. And I dont care for the dual exhaust being so noticible.

Otherwise I like.

· Registered
7,065 Posts
The DOT required fender reflector looks like crap. :tsk: Straight from the Nissan Z playbook too.

· Registered
78 Posts
I agree with you but I'd imagine that it would be very easy to replace with a clear one or black it out... don't you think? To me the car looks awesome!

ObD said:
The DOT required fender reflector looks like crap. :tsk: Straight from the Nissan Z playbook too.

· Registered
3,347 Posts
Finamir said:
me thinky me need to wait for the M version.. They always seem to get that right!
Hopefully! But I'm worried about the M3 as well. I'm convinced it will be a little "soft" and not distinguish itself enough from the 3-series coupe. I hope I'm wrong because I've already made a mental reservation for a convertible M3 in the 2009 timeframe.

· Registered
90 Posts
I agree with most of you. It's a little overweight and a bit alien / futuristic looking. But that seems to be the trend with most modern car body styles. I can imagine the extreme being that all cars will eventually turn into elliptical football shaped autos with different manufacture badges on them. :(

· Registered
3,347 Posts
csciguy8 said:
I agree with most of you. It's a little overweight and a bit alien / futuristic looking. But that seems to be the trend with most modern car body styles. I can imagine the extreme being that all cars will eventually turn into elliptical football shaped autos with different manufacture badges on them. :(
Great observation. I've been thinking the same thing. All of these car companies use the same types of focus groups and test concept pictures on potential consumers. When the marketing studies all report the same desires then you end up with Acuras, BMWs, Infinitis and Mercedes that begin to look like one another and offer the same types of features.

· Registered
88 Posts
Moderato said:
I'll wait until I see it in person before I pass judgement. Many of the new model BMW's don't photograph well, but in person it's a different story and they look fantastic. The E90, E60, Z4,6 series all of these cars don't look that great in pictures but when I see them in person I'd take any of them. Even the current Audi's & Cayman have this problem, they look horrible in pictures, but not in person.

Eitherway I can't wait to see the E92. Here's the plan, if I like the E92 then I will decide between 335i, 335xi or E92 M3. If I don't like the E92 then my quest for a mint CPO 05 - 06 ZCP E46 M3 begins. I can't wait get back into a BMW again, this wait is torture! :angel:
Are you not liking the STI? Coming from the 92x I can relate.

· VIII
9,001 Posts
Apollothedog said:
Are you not liking the STI? Coming from the 92x I can relate.
Let me catch you up to my situation. I assumed the lease on my 05 M3 from a fellow Bimmerfest member. At the time I also owned an 04 330i. I originally planned to sell the 330i privately and use that money to pay off the 05 M3 as a purchase. I wasn't getting any offers on the 330i that I could live with so I got the brilliant idea to trade the 330i in on an STI (I missed my 04 STI a bit) and use the 06 STI for the winter and whenever I didn't want to drive the 05 M3. After a while I decided that while I loved the 05 M3 I knew I was probably going to trade it in for an E92 M3 anyway, so I transfered the lease on the 05 M3 with the intention of saving all those payments and putting them towards the E92 M3 as a purchase. It seemed like a great idea at the time and it made sense financially so I did it. What I didn't count on was HOW MUCH I would miss the M3. If I get another E46 M3 I will probably keep the STI, but if I get the E92 M3 I'll probably sell it to make the cost a bit more liveable. I'm expecting the E92 M3 to be 70K optioned the way I want. But CPO E46 M3's can be had easily for under 50K. :confused: Did I confuse you? I think I confused myself....:rofl:

· Registered
240 Posts
Ok, I really WANT to like this car (because I love coupes and am thinking of trading in for one in a year or so), but I truly hate the rear. :cry: I guess I have to see it in person and hope my opinion changes, but from all the pictures I've seen, this car just looks incoherent to me. I *love* the front; I think it is aggressive and strong - definitely an E90 plus some, but the rear looks awfully weak and....er...."civilized"...which is odd. So, the front growls and glares at you and tells you that it'll hunt you down and eat you for second breakfast (yeah!), but then the back just says...er....7 series....I don't get it. Why can't they just make the whole vehicle simply belligerent all over??! Coupes aren't supposed to be polite are they?? Alternatively, maybe put (something like) the E90's more aggressive rear onto this car, and put this car's more refined rear onto the E90 to match it's less in-your-face front? Grrrr....I mean, look at the Z4 coupe's design...now that is a beauty (to my eyes anyway)! Makes the Cayman look (design-wise, at least) like a has-been. Stick the new turbo engine into the Z4 and I'll buy it right now!

cheers,
suntan

· Registered
65 Posts
It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I love it! It's not my color (inside or out), but I actually like the rear as much as the front.

· Registered
88 Posts
Moderato said:
Let me catch you up to my situation. I assumed the lease on my 05 M3 from a fellow Bimmerfest member. At the time I also owned an 04 330i. I originally planned to sell the 330i privately and use that money to pay off the 05 M3 as a purchase. I wasn't getting any offers on the 330i that I could live with so I got the brilliant idea to trade the 330i in on an STI (I missed my 04 STI a bit) and use the 06 STI for the winter and whenever I didn't want to drive the 05 M3. After a while I decided that while I loved the 05 M3 I knew I was probably going to trade it in for an E92 M3 anyway, so I transfered the lease on the 05 M3 with the intention of saving all those payments and putting them towards the E92 M3 as a purchase. It seemed like a great idea at the time and it made sense financially so I did it. What I didn't count on was HOW MUCH I would miss the M3. If I get another E46 M3 I will probably keep the STI, but if I get the E92 M3 I'll probably sell it to make the cost a bit more liveable. I'm expecting the E92 M3 to be 70K optioned the way I want. But CPO E46 M3's can be had easily for under 50K. :confused: Did I confuse you? I think I confused myself....:rofl:
Best laid plans.

Interesting enough, I came from the lower end of the same spectrum, going from a 05 Saab 92x(WRX) to a 05 330i. The 92x was at stage one via Cobb Accessport and was quicker then the 330i, but everything about the 330i screams quality while the 92x screamed economy car (Imprezza based), even if it was Saabarized. I do miss the all wheel drive, and the speed, but the handling, quality and the beauty of the 330 just blow me away. I'm glad I made the trade.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.