BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
988 Posts
I like space gray, or arctic gray( bluish) current or upcoming!! any one, can u guess/tell, how much is difference between 2 colors, as they look very simillar! If I get leatherette, beige would be my choice! If leather pls advise for best color option. thnx

· VIII
9,001 Posts
Apollothedog said:
Best laid plans.

Interesting enough, I came from the lower end of the same spectrum, going from a 05 Saab 92x(WRX) to a 05 330i. The 92x was at stage one via Cobb Accessport and was quicker then the 330i, but everything about the 330i screams quality while the 92x screamed economy car (Imprezza based), even if it was Saabarized. I do miss the all wheel drive, and the speed, but the handling, quality and the beauty of the 330 just blow me away. I'm glad I made the trade.
By chance have you driven the STI? Although the car pretty much looks the same and has the same interior as the WRX or 92x, underneath the skin and from the driver's seat it's a completely different car. In fact just today when I was driving it I was thinking to myself, "how can a car this ugly, and with such a cheap interior be so much fun to drive?" Seriously, the 06 STI is leaps and bounds better then the 04 STI I had, and even better on top of that then the WRX. It's got awesome power, handling & traction, plus with my snow tires I can drive it through a Northeast blizzard and not even be worried. The M3 satisfied me on a different level though - the quality of the interior, the gorgeous design of the exterior, the engine had no low end torque but when when you got into the higher RPMS, WOW! I also like the "fun" of the RWD with the LSD, although the AWD system in the 06 STI is VERY well implemented, and it doesn't have much understeer at all if you know how to drive it properly. I'm seriously thinking about saying the heck with the E92 335 or M3 and getting a used E46 M3 and keeping the STI also! (instead of selling the STI for a 335 or E92 M3). It's a hard decision though. Keep the STI, sell the STI, get an E46 M3, get an E92 M3. What will make me happy? Perhaps nothing! I guess these are good problems to have.

· Registered
88 Posts
Moderato said:
By chance have you driven the STI? Although the car pretty much looks the same and has the same interior as the WRX or 92x, underneath the skin and from the driver's seat it's a completely different car. In fact just today when I was driving it I was thinking to myself, "how can a car this ugly, and with such a cheap interior be so much fun to drive?" Seriously, the 06 STI is leaps and bounds better then the 04 STI I had, and even better on top of that then the WRX. It's got awesome power, handling & traction, plus with my snow tires I can drive it through a Northeast blizzard and not even be worried. The M3 satisfied me on a different level though - the quality of the interior, the gorgeous design of the exterior, the engine had no low end torque but when when you got into the higher RPMS, WOW! I also like the "fun" of the RWD with the LSD, although the AWD system in the 06 STI is VERY well implemented, and it doesn't have much understeer at all if you know how to drive it properly. I'm seriously thinking about saying the heck with the E92 335 or M3 and getting a used E46 M3 and keeping the STI also! (instead of selling the STI for a 335 or E92 M3). It's a hard decision though. Keep the STI, sell the STI, get an E46 M3, get an E92 M3. What will make me happy? Perhaps nothing! I guess these are good problems to have.
Nope never drove either a STI or M3. But l was comparing the lower end of the spectrum for both cars. Suburu's are great cars, I loved the 92x, second best car I have owned, but it wasn't in the same league as the 330i as far as quality or handling is concerned. I'm glad I did the trade, btw, the dealer gave me more for my 92x then I paid for it and I had over 18k miles on it. Those GM incentives really paid off.

Personally I'd keep the STI and get a E46 M3, best of both worlds. Plus from what I've seen the E46 coupe looks a whole lot better then E90 coupe, even though that might change when seen in person.

· Registered
35 Posts
Personally, I think this car looks great.

People who think this car is ugly cause it resembles another car model or what not...give me a break, cause there's so many different cars out there already that it's getting harder and harder as time goes by for cars to look unique at the same time look beautiful. Even if the car doesn't look perfect to some, the turbo engine and great handling of the car will surely make up for it. :thumbup:

· Registered
128 Posts
Accord...Sonata...puh-lease. :rolleyes:

That ain't no damn Honda, and it sure as hell ain't no damn Hyundai (poor grammar notwithstanding). :D The Accord coupe is one of the most generic, slab-sided designs on the road, and trying to make a genuine claim that the Accord and the 335i share design features is a non-starter. Honda WISHES their Accord coupe looked like that.

Do yourselves a favour, subscribe to WindingRoad.com, and download the latest issue (#12). They have an excellent review of the 335, with some excellent pics to go along with it. Great info that should have anyone remotely interested in this car really looking forward to its arrival.

It seems the "in" thing is to automatically jump on the design any new Bimmer right from the start. "Oh, look, Bangle effed it up again." But it really grates me when I hear the "it looks like an Accord/Sonata/Camry" comment. To me, that statement is the automotive design equivalent of "tastes like chicken". I got news for you, this one wasn't designed by Bangle. For what their worth, pics being pics and all that, I think it looks fantastic. And for what car magazine reviews are worth (which sometimes ain't much), it sounds like it drives even better than it looks. I can't wait to put my ass in the seat and let 'er rip...erm, you know, to drive it..:drive:

My biggest concern with the new Bimmers isn't necessarily their looks, but the quality of some of the interior pieces. I sat in a new '06 330i sedan two days ago, and the quality of the sun visors almost made me blush. :eeps: Not to mention the accompanying groan of the plastic pivot when I folded it down. I'm no BMW apologist...I am still warming up to the E60s, and I don't know that I will ever really approve of the E90. And there are a few things about my E39 that I beg to differ with BMW GmbH about (cooling system anyone?). But I think the redesign of the 7-series was a definite step in the right direction, and what I have seen of the 328/335 so far, to me, gives me hope that BMW has finally heard us, loud and clear. (sun visor quality, et al. not withstanding)

Okay, rant over. Thanks for hearing me out. :soapbox:

· Registered
309 Posts
drw1926 said:
Accord...Sonata...puh-lease. :rolleyes:

That ain't no damn Honda, and it sure as hell ain't no damn Hyundai (poor grammar notwithstanding). :D The Accord coupe is one of the most generic, slab-sided designs on the road, and trying to make a genuine claim that the Accord and the 335i share design features is a non-starter. Honda WISHES their Accord coupe looked like that.

Do yourselves a favour, subscribe to WindingRoad.com, and download the latest issue (#12). They have an excellent review of the 335, with some excellent pics to go along with it. Great info that should have anyone remotely interested in this car really looking forward to its arrival.

It seems the "in" thing is to automatically jump on the design any new Bimmer right from the start. "Oh, look, Bangle effed it up again." But it really grates me when I hear the "it looks like an Accord/Sonata/Camry" comment. To me, that statement is the automotive design equivalent of "tastes like chicken". I got news for you, this one wasn't designed by Bangle. For what their worth, pics being pics and all that, I think it looks fantastic. And for what car magazine reviews are worth (which sometimes ain't much), it sounds like it drives even better than it looks. I can't wait to put my ass in the seat and let 'er rip...erm, you know, to drive it..:drive:

My biggest concern with the new Bimmers isn't necessarily their looks, but the quality of some of the interior pieces. I sat in a new '06 330i sedan two days ago, and the quality of the sun visors almost made me blush. :eeps: Not to mention the accompanying groan of the plastic pivot when I folded it down. I'm no BMW apologist...I am still warming up to the E60s, and I don't know that I will ever really approve of the E90. And there are a few things about my E39 that I beg to differ with BMW GmbH about (cooling system anyone?). But I think the redesign of the 7-series was a definite step in the right direction, and what I have seen of the 328/335 so far, to me, gives me hope that BMW has finally heard us, loud and clear. (sun visor quality, et al. not withstanding)

Okay, rant over. Thanks for hearing me out. :soapbox:
Great post.

EVERYONE who has seen the car in person raves about it.

I'm excited.

· Banned
640 Posts
I too thought the 335i shown in the pics was a little Honda...ish. Just as I was thinking that I received my issue of BMW magazine with the write up done on the 335i with driver Roberto Ravaglia. The 335i shown in the article make me want to go and do a purchase immediately. I totally like and want one:thumbup:

· Registered
12,675 Posts
Can't say I agree with the OP. IMO, it's so bland, it's practically invisible.

Granted I have an E90. But even I admit the thing is really pretty damn ugly. (It is. If you think otherwise, you're either blinded by the badge or in denial.) But while it's ugly, it's not boring.

With the E92, they rounded off all of the ugly from the E90 and left us with the blandest turd imaginable. Hell, the Accord coupe pictured up the thread is an outright *daring* design by comparison.

Now ugly can be taken too far, like on the E60 and Z4. There is just no overlooking that much ugly. But the E92 errs the other way.

Whatever happened to designs that were both interesting and beautiful at the same time? Oh, that's right, Luthe left.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
drw1926 said:
:freakdanc: :freakdanc: :freakdanc: :freakdanc:

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Attachments

· Registered
143 Posts
Suprised to see so much negative post re. E92. I saw it person last night. Not the most exciting design but noticeably "better" looking thanE46 and for that matter E90 sedan parked next to it. Front looks good. Side + sharp crease looks ok. Rear... well, not so great.

· VIII
9,001 Posts
I think the rear of the E92 looks great and so do the tails. In fact I like it better then the rear of the E46 & E90. My only beef with the 335i is I'd like an LSD and a more aggresively tuned suspension package. Psst....good idea bmw, release a 335i ZHP with LSD & a real sport suspension. :thumbup:

· Registered
90 Posts
Did the E46 body style get so much flak when it came out?

I imagine there's always some resistance to change.

(I love my E46 coupe and hate the new style yet find I hate it less and less every time I look at it)

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.