BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
335iCoupe
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the Beverly Hills BMW I work two blocks from the dealership. I was quoted MSRP for the car. He was very smooth made it sound like he would not budge from that price and this is the best deal in town.

4 questions

1. should I tell him to go eat sh*t

2. Any one know of a dealership in LA or San Diego were I could get a fair deal.

3. any one planning on buying in this area in October November or now want to get together to get a better price.

4. Tell him to go eat sh*t.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Not Bad

You got MSRP. That is good considering the car is brand spankin' new from design to those twin Turbos!

I would buy it for MSRP but nothing more. I suspect dealers will be asking for more.

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
thats what my dealer told me, best is MSRP and Im leasing so add the 7.9% lease rate meant i had to go with a 330i. However I just went to the one dealer, so who knows if there are others that will go lower

·
Bo's ready for the Big 10
27,337 Posts
Talk to philippek in the ask a dealer forum or send him a pm. He is in the LA area.

·
Ninja
81 Posts
Msrp?

MSRP may be OK, but wouldn't you rather pay less, i.e. $1,250 - $1500 over invoice?

Here's what worked for me:

Send emails to the internet sales departments of a few of your local dealerships telling them exactly what you want and what you are willing to pay. Include everything, interior, exterior, and trim colors, all options. If you're looking to do European Delivery tell them since they should be more willing to deal on cars that aren't from their dealership allocations (search the forum for more info on ED)

In your email:
Be professional
Don't be a pain in the a$$ or whine that you "heard from this guy on the internet" that you could get a better deal.
Don't just ask them to give you a good deal, tell them what you are willing to pay.
Don't put all of the dealership email addresses in the "TO:" field of your email. Take the time to send seperate messages. (They can be the same message, but send them all seperately)

Tell them you will order "this week" if they can meet your price. (If you're not ready to go in and order, wait until you are before sending the emails.)

You should hear back from most dealerships, yea or nea within a couple days. Odds are that someone will bite on the deal and take the relatively easy money.

JT2

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is all good advice, but really you are talking about apples and oranges and the reason it worked for you is 2 simple letters, ED. Anyone can get ED at 1250 over ED invoice at just about any SoCal dealership. Finding someone to cut the price significantly on one of the first 335i's on the lot is going to be a lot more difficult. The poster who said to be a little patient is on the money. If you need to have a 335i in Sept or Oct and you can't do ED you are gonna pay. If you are willing to wait a couple more months invoice + fair dealer profit should be much easier.

jeftrz said:
MSRP may be OK, but wouldn't you rather pay less, i.e. $1,250 - $1500 over invoice?

Here's what worked for me:

Send emails to the internet sales departments of a few of your local dealerships telling them exactly what you want and what you are willing to pay. Include everything, interior, exterior, and trim colors, all options. If you're looking to do European Delivery tell them since they should be more willing to deal on cars that aren't from their dealership allocations (search the forum for more info on ED)

In your email:
Be professional
Don't be a pain in the a$$ or whine that you "heard from this guy on the internet" that you could get a better deal.
Don't just ask them to give you a good deal, tell them what you are willing to pay.
Don't put all of the dealership email addresses in the "TO:" field of your email. Take the time to send seperate messages. (They can be the same message, but send them all seperately)

Tell them you will order "this week" if they can meet your price. (If you're not ready to go in and order, wait until you are before sending the emails.)

You should hear back from most dealerships, yea or nea within a couple days. Odds are that someone will bite on the deal and take the relatively easy money.

JT2

·
Registered
35 Posts
loughd1 said:
I just got back from the Beverly Hills BMW I work two blocks from the dealership. I was quoted MSRP for the car. He was very smooth made it sound like he would not budge from that price and this is the best deal in town.

4 questions

1. should I tell him to go eat sh*t

2. Any one know of a dealership in LA or San Diego were I could get a fair deal.

3. any one planning on buying in this area in October November or now want to get together to get a better price.

4. Tell him to go eat sh*t.
I think you should go with 1 and 4. From what people are saying and what kind of deals people are getting for the new 335i, gettting the car for under MSRP is almost 100% doable...just have to shop around.

I also am interested in getting the 335i and I will let you know of any good offers I find out of and would like the same from you. Maybe we should start another group buy, ED or non-ED.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go and see Jim Archibald at Sonnen BMW. He will definately do $1250 over regular delivery invoice. Tell him found out from some guy in Hawaii.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't pay MSRP...there are deals out there in Southern California. I went to the BMWUSA website and pulled out a list of all the dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home. I emailed them the car I want and how much I was willing to pay. This is the car that I built and is scheduled for early September production:

2007 335ci
Black Metallic
Manual transmission
Premium Package.
Sports Package.
Power Rear Sunshade
Navigation system
Comfort Access

Out of the 20 plus Internet Sales Manager that responded, only four of them came back and were willing to deal. The other all said MSRP or higher. The dealership who were unwilling to deal are McKenna, Crevier, New Century just to name a few (don't waste your time). Assael BMW was just outright rude when I suggested if they can go under MSRP. There were a few dealerships that kept insisting that I come in and they were willing to talk about the 335 but refused to give me an answer if they can go under MSRP so I didn't bother making an appointment.

That being said, I was able to get close to $1,500 off in MSRP and ordered my baby immediately. I can't wait. Send me a PM if you want to know who the dealerships that are willing to deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jim is a "straight shooter" and won't give you any BS. I live in Hawaii also and getting my car for 1250 over invoice from Jim. Give him a call....

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
whiskey.org said:
it's not an american car

MSRP is not a terrible deal
Yes, MSRP is a terrible deal. By October of 05 you could get an e90 for $500 over invoice easily. That's thousands off MSRp.

3 series cars are in a very crowded marketplace. There is so much competition and the sale prices drop so fast on 3 series cars that paying MSRP for one is ludicrous.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
Yes, MSRP is a terrible deal. By October of 05 you could get an e90 for $500 over invoice easily. That's thousands off MSRp.

3 series cars are in a very crowded marketplace. There is so much competition and the sale prices drop so fast on 3 series cars that paying MSRP for one is ludicrous.
IMO, you should still be able to negotiate your way to invoice + $1500. Persistence is key.

Or wait. After 3 or 4 months, $1500 over invocie or better should be VERY easy to negotiate.

Salespeople know whan you are trying to be the first guy on the block with the new toy and they are happy to slap a Sucker Premium on you.

Paying MSRP for ANY BMW = Sucker Premium

·
Registered
40 Posts
es, MSRP is a terrible deal. By October of 05 you could get an e90 for $500 over invoice easily. That's thousands off MSRp.
It may be due to lack of availability, but I recently did a "fax attack" of 6 area dealers looking for $500 over invoice on a 330i. I got one fax back and it basically said, cannot do it, call if you'd like more info.

I might wait a week and try again with the 335i.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a 330i from Beverly Hills BMW. I did two steps: got a quote from Costco's local BMW relationship (Alhambra), then took it to Carmen Garay, the Beverly Hills internet sales person. She honored the costco price.

You may want to try this approach with the 335.

Kevin

·
Registered
131 Posts
liquid77 said:
Assael BMW was just outright rude when I suggested if they can go under MSRP.
Assael is a joke! I sent them an internet inquiry for a '06 330i during Feb of this year and they called me back. Told them I was offered $1100 - $1200 over invoice and they said, "Wow, if you can get that deal you better go with them!" :rolleyes:

·
Whoa this car is fun
80 Posts
Probably close to retail unless you're willing to do ED. I cut a close deal on ED, but euro-delivery is incremental revenue to the dealer becuase it doesn't count against their allocation. Otherwise, they'll be looking to see the new models at the highest margin they can find...

·
Registered
381 Posts
blueguydotcom said:

Except in TX. You are still lucky to get $500 Off......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts