BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions.

I have the convertible with comfort access. It is my understanding that when the top is down and folded into the trunk, by using the key fob, (press briefly then within a second, depress and hold) you can move the roof out of the trunk to an intermediate 1/2 folded position. I cannot get this to work. Can anyone confirm this really works?

Alarm - When the alarm is armed, (this should always be when the car is locked), shouldn't the red light under the rearview mirror flash?

·
Registered
356 Posts
2 questions.

Alarm - When the alarm is armed, (this should always be when the car is locked), shouldn't the red light under the rearview mirror flash?
Did you order the alarm? It is not standard.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
2 questions.

I have the convertible with comfort access. It is my understanding that when the top is down and folded into the trunk, by using the key fob, (press briefly then within a second, depress and hold) you can move the roof out of the trunk to an intermediate 1/2 folded position. I cannot get this to work. Can anyone confirm this really works?

I also hve an E93 with Comfort Access. The feature you are describing does work - when it want's to!.

I have concluded that the software for CA was written by Microsoft.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
2 questions.

Yes, it really works, but it's really touchy about where you are standing with the key fob when doing this. If you get too far away, or aren't standing in just the right place, it tends to stop working. Another reason to get the SmartTop product (https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/) I suppose.

I've actually stopped using the comfort loading feature, since I've found it's easier to just use my rear seat to haul things most of the time. And it takes less time than lifting the roof from the trunk, even factoring in the opening of my windscreen to access the back seat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As mentioned above, it really does work. Attached is a pic I took to convince my CA that it did.

Others mentioned the pickyness in where you stand while doing this. I have found that just aft of the the driver's door and about 3 feet from the car seems to be the most consistantly "sweet spot".

In addition, it seems that the timing of the two button pushes is somewhat critical. I have the best luck with push-release-push & hold taking about 1/2 to 3/4 of a second (per my highly calibrated internal timer lol).

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
2 questions.

The comfort access feature for the hardtop worked consistently for our 3 week ED trip in April, but the trick was to be patient, ie: do the two clicks (holding the button down on the 2nd click) and then wait 2-3 more seconds before you hear the hydraulics kicking in to raise the roof to the "half-mast" loading position.

Where I struggled was on the correct button sequence to get it to go back down, but that was, I think, due to my not reading the directions.

We definately needed to be closer to the car to do any of the remote movements of the hardtop, as compared to locking and unlocking the car, which could be done from far further away.

My understanding is that the "close distance" requirement for remote hardtop operations is an intentional difference on BMW's part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts