BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please!! The lever by the headrest that allows my passenger seat to release and incline forward, thereby allowing people to get in and out, seems to be lifting up fine, but to no effect - Seat is stuck in the locked back position. All the electronic controls work fine and will move the seat, but I need the quick release to work. Anyone who has had this happen and been able to fix, please provide the steps or process!! Thanks!

·
Barely in control
Monaco 2008 328Xi coupe
407 Posts
Mine was difficult as well with 100,000 miles on it, I don't think the back seat got much use, but I pulled the release and gave it a healthy tug and it folded forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... It has been stuck in the past and I did the same thing as you and it came forward... Seems to have gotten worse to the point that pulling hard won't get it done anymore. If it comes down to it and no one else has a different idea, I may go all out and have a friend hold the lever up while I get in back and push with my legs... My suspicion, however, is that there is a cable running down the seat to where the back connects to the pivot point, and the release, is located. I'd be willing to bet that the cable has stretched out over time just enough to no longer pull the release enough to free the seat... If I could figure out how to tighten/adjust that cable, I bet it would free up... Thanks again. If I ever get this figured out, I will repost the solution.

·
Barely in control
Monaco 2008 328Xi coupe
407 Posts
I would not do that, think about the possible consequence if it breaks. It could become a major irritation, is it a must or can you just use the passenger door? I haven't had anyone in my backseat but I thought of riding back there to see what it is like but I am 6'2".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you are right... Forcing it with that much force would just make my problem even worse. I've been living with it, so unless I come up with a better solution, a real one, I will just keep on living with it. Thanks much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts