BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335i Coupe with M Sports package vs 335is coupe

6271 6
For my next BMW I definitely want a 335 coupe and I have been really leaning toward the 335is coupe which seems like an amazing car to me. I wanna buy it through the European delivery program, but I was wondering is a regular 335i coupe with the M sport package pretty similar to a 335is coupe? Can Anyone list some of the differences, and if anyone owns a 335is can you give me advice about your car.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I can tell you this 'bout both: Suspension can be greatly improved.

For that, you'll need M parts + LSD + coilovers + Tires.
For my next BMW I definitely want a 335 coupe and I have been really leaning toward the 335is coupe which seems like an amazing car to me. I wanna buy it through the European delivery program, but I was wondering is a regular 335i coupe with the M sport package pretty similar to a 335is coupe? Can Anyone list some of the differences, and if anyone owns a 335is can you give me advice about your car.
The Search feature is your friend.

In my view, the 335is is a significant upgrade to the 335i's that I've owned previously.

A major consideration for me in my decision to buy a 335is was the availability of the DCT transmission with Launch Control which you can't get in the standard 335i or 335i with M kit (unless you're outside of the U.S - availability varies by country on the 335i). We fell in love with this über-fast shifting transmission on our M3.

While these components are not necessarily forged on all N54 motors, they are on the 335is's N54 - crankshaft, connecting rods and (Mahle) pistons.

The 335is comes standard with its own version of the M body kit. It includes a functioning sculpted rear valance (diffuser) matching the body color versus the standard M kit which is black ABS only. The M package on the is also includes sports suspension and other M bits such as a thicker steering wheel, chrome accent pedal and foot rest plus M door sill badging.

Black chrome exhaust tips, grill and shadow trim and anthracite headliner are standard. Black mirror caps are also installed, which are not part of the M kit.

The exhaust is a modified sports exhaust and not the standard BMW sports exhaust. According to BMW, they removed some of the fill to change the sound and also added a valve like a standard exhaust to control the noise - the normal BMW sport exhaust doesn't have this. The 335is exhaust differs from the 335i, 335i with M kit, and BMW branded aftermarket sports exhaust.

Also according to BMW the motor mounts are stiffer than a standard 335 and not available with the standard M kit.

The 335is uses the bi-turbo N54 Turbo motor where the 2011 and subsequent 335i's use the new N55 Twin Scroll single-turbo motor. Tunability came into play with the N54 versus N55 and is why it was chosen for the 335is. BMW had more experience with the N54.

The 335is includes tuned sports software not standard on the 335i and M kit. The 335is gets 320 hp and 332 lb-ft torque from the twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six engine, and an overboost function allows for seven-second blasts of 370 lb-ft of torque. The standard 335i has 300/300.

The 335is has an additional radiator, oil cooler and a larger cooling fan when compared to the standard 335i or 335i with M kit. "An additional radiator has been added behind the left-side front air intake, along with a more powerful electric cooling fan. An oil cooler is fitted opposite the second radiator, on the right side."

Foglight delete for better air cooling to support the additional radiator and oil cooler and not an option on the 335i or 335i with M is included on the 335is.

The 335is includes a 335is cluster gauge with color/badging. There is unique 335is badging on the outside and inside.

The 335is comes standard with 18" 313 wheels compared to the standard 335i. The 335i M package no longer offers the 313 wheels standard.

The 335is comes with paddle shifters standard.

The 335is offers a sunroof delete option.
Coupe versions of the F30 have not even been announced yet.

M sport package (like sedans) is basically a trim package except for the staggered tire option.

Is versions likely won't be available until well into the life cycle just like the current 335 coupes.

Most of the rumors hint at a m335 (or 435) possibility but who knows when and be prepared to pay dearly.
MuayThaikid is probably referring to the E92/E93 335is which will be available until their replacements go into production.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2012/3/335iscoupe/default.aspx
if that is the case and cost is not an issue---go for the Is..much higher performance vehicle.
MuayThaikid is probably referring to the E92/E93 335is which will be available until their replacements go into production.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2012/3/335iscoupe/default.aspx
Get a perm instead.

You'll be even more noticed, and shows your excellent taste even after your car is left behind!
M sport package (like sedans) is basically a trim package except for the staggered tire option.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.