BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
JDPS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I***8217;m new to forms. I read them a lot but have never posted any questions. Forgive me if this has been answered millions of times in the past, I can***8217;t seem to find a concrete answer. I would like to replace my halo and interior lights with LED. I always see BMWS in broad daylight with really hyper white halos, I want those:

1. Which brand is the best to go which?

2. What***8217;s the best way to go about whiting out the orange corner/blinker light? Are they programmed to stay on all the time, I feel like I have seem others which are somehow turned off. (I have already turned off Daytime running lights.)

3. Which LED interior light kit is the best to go with?

Thanks for any help, feel free to throw in any other advice. Use to have a 330xi (brought 2/2011) and had to trade up to the 335 yesterday. Boy was that a great decision!

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts

·
JDPS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response,

Just a few follow up questions:
  1. Are MTEC's bulb replacements or full fixture replacements? I would like to just swap bulbs if possible.
  2. What about the fogs, can you make a recommendation for those?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the response,

Just a few follow up questions:
  1. Are MTEC's bulb replacements or full fixture replacements? I would like to just swap bulbs if possible.
  2. What about the fogs, can you make a recommendation for those?
Just last week I replaced my Angel Eye bulbs with Lux LED lights (http://luxangeleyes.com/) and my driving lights with Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs (http://www.hoen-usa.com/). All in the cost was approximately $260. I am very happy with the results. Not as much a difficult install as it is involved.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello,
I***8217;m new to forms. I read them a lot but have never posted any questions. Forgive me if this has been answered millions of times in the past, I can***8217;t seem to find a concrete answer. I would like to replace my halo and interior lights with LED. I always see BMWS in broad daylight with really hyper white halos, I want those:

1. Which brand is the best to go which?

2. What***8217;s the best way to go about whiting out the orange corner/blinker light? Are they programmed to stay on all the time, I feel like I have seem others which are somehow turned off. (I have already turned off Daytime running lights.)

3. Which LED interior light kit is the best to go with?

Thanks for any help, feel free to throw in any other advice. Use to have a 330xi (brought 2/2011) and had to trade up to the 335 yesterday. Boy was that a great decision!
Do a search for creek 6w angel eyes...they are for pre lci and also they look good...of course the price is way better

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got the Ultimate LED kit from
Bimmian. Quite pleased with it, especially the footwell, trunk, and door courtesy (puddle) lights.
Question since you have these. I always worried that the Xenons would be far too harsh for the interior (reading) lights. That they would destroy my night vision. How's your experience with that?

Maybe it's my Navy experience talking, but I'm really picky about night vision. I'd probably install red lights if I could get away with it. Make me feel like I'm back in the CiC. :)

·
flâneur en cabriolet
922 Posts
Question since you have these. I always worried that the Xenons would be far too harsh for the interior (reading) lights. That they would destroy my night vision. How's your experience with that?

Maybe it's my Navy experience talking, but I'm really picky about night vision. I'd probably install red lights if I could get away with it. Make me feel like I'm back in the CiC. :)
So far they are ok - but I have to admit, I don't turn on the reading or map lights very often while driving. The map lights are quite focused.

I did consider the red ones (I think you can get them at J Levi's), for that very reason....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.