BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had the new 335i for 5 weeks. It is her dd, and she is complaining the car is too 'vanilla'. Translation - she wants another CTS-V to replace the '11 that was totaled in March. I think it turned her into a torque addict. Need some advice before I start talking about trying to break or transfer the lease. Car is a sport line sedan, alpine white with black leather and black trim, premium sound, heated seats and wheel. Any chance these cars are in high enough demand the dealer will just let us break the lease and walk away? Anyone have experience trying to transfer a BMWFS lease to another lessee? Worst case, we keep the car and I get to listen to this for 34 more months.

· Not Wearing Pants
18,858 Posts
We've had the new 335i for 5 weeks. It is her dd, and she is complaining the car is too 'vanilla'. Translation - she wants another CTS-V to replace the '11 that was totaled in March. I think it turned her into a torque addict. Need some advice before I start talking about trying to break or transfer the lease. Car is a sport line sedan, alpine white with black leather and black trim, premium sound, heated seats and wheel. Any chance these cars are in high enough demand the dealer will just let us break the lease and walk away? Anyone have experience trying to transfer a BMWFS lease to another lessee? Worst case, we keep the car and I get to listen to this for 34 more months.
Used swapalease a few years ago to drop an e90. So dang easy. I had a great lease rate from ED so that helped, so you may need to sweeten the deal a bit.

· Swedish Murder Machine
8,671 Posts
If you try to walk away you are going to get hosed, big time.

· Registered
1,767 Posts
I agree with the others, swapalease or leasetrader to get rid of your lease. You many need to put some money out also. Another way of appeasing the "fast mama" is wait for some engine mods, which should get the power up into the 350 HP range with the same amount of torque.

· Registered
5,413 Posts
CTS-V = 556HP, 551 lb-ft torque. No matter how you slice it the 335 falls significantly short of those specs.
I agree. It's like night and day.

· Registered
765 Posts
I agree with the others, swapalease or leasetrader to get rid of your lease. You many need to put some money out also. Another way of appeasing the "fast mama" is wait for some engine mods, which should get the power up into the 350 HP range with the same amount of torque.
Do the engine mods (chip) affect the warranty, or does BMW allow this?

· Registered
1,767 Posts
Do the engine mods (chip) affect the warranty, or does BMW allow this?
It effects it unless you go with DINAN I believe. But many mods are suppose to be untraceable and easy to remove before service. That however is a change you take because I think BMW is better at detecting things.

since you are leasing your best bet is to let someone else assume your lease and go for the Cadillac.

Still can't get over the fact that your wife needs more power for the streets. Is she planning to rob a bank and needs a getaway car man? :dunno:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do they not have an aftermarket tune for the N55? If so it likely adds another 50 hp and might make your mama happy. BTW, forgive me for asking, how old is your mama?
'Mama' is my wife. As in "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. She is 'over 55', learned to drive in a '68 Road Runner 383 4 speed, loved the '67 Firebird 400 I had in the '80s. More recently a STS 1SG Northstar premium performance, a Mustang GT with GT350 performance mods. We thought we could downsize to a 335i. It is a nice car, but how do you keep her down on the 'farm' when she's been in a CTS-V?

· Registered
1,767 Posts
'Mama' is my wife. As in "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. She is 'over 55', learned to drive in a '68 Road Runner 383 4 speed, loved the '67 Firebird 400 I had in the '80s. More recently a STS 1SG Northstar premium performance, a Mustang GT with GT350 performance mods. We thought we could downsize to a 335i. It is a nice car, but how do you keep her down on the 'farm' when she's been in a CTS-V?
Wow. What can I say some men have all the luck...:D

Still has a licence right?

· Worlds Foremost Authority
22,293 Posts
I had a 1969 Firebird 400 just like this one. Wish I still had it.

· Super Moderator
20,971 Posts
Sucks. :(. Hope it works out.

· Registered
4,717 Posts
Since she is used to mods, buy a tune for your 335i and see if that will at least keep her near the farm.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.