BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO PROBLEMS:thumbup: We just love the car and its such a pleasure to drive. I am very glad we choose this car. No signs of the fuel pump or overheating problems, and the dealer we got is excellent, Sterling BMW, Ashburn, VA. I guess we are kind of boring, but thought everybody would like to hear about it. BTW I find myself commuting more and more with the 335i then the MINI COOPER, simply because of the comfort and ease of driving this car.

We took it on one long trip from DC to Erie, PA and averaged about 27 MPG...with no leadfooting it (not fun but it did save gas). Air Conditioning works great, and all is well with the world....:)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Good to hear. I have a 1,000 mile drive home from PCD, hope I don't run into any issues.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm with you, 4400 trouble free miles. I still find myself just going for a drive because I can't get enough. Great cars.

Red

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm with you, 4400 trouble free miles. I still find myself just going for a drive because I can't get enough. Great cars.

Red
+1

I long for the days of $.99/gallon gas (it was only like 6 yrs ago!!) since I'm driving the car so much... not cause I need to, but because I want to :thumbup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's excellent news. I know what you mean about always wanting to drive the car. I'm up to 2300 kms (~1400mi) and the car is perfect. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
3,300 miles and no problems, just the iPod dropping to FM. I took it to have it fixed, they kept the car TWO nights and said they installed a software fix, it was not fixed. I will put up with if a couple more weeks, as I don't want to give them the car back, just yet, as I love driving it too much

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
NO PROBLEMS:thumbup: We just love the car and its such a pleasure to drive. I am very glad we choose this car. No signs of the fuel pump or overheating problems, and the dealer we got is excellent, Sterling BMW, Ashburn, VA. I guess we are kind of boring, but thought everybody would like to hear about it. BTW I find myself commuting more and more with the 335i then the MINI COOPER, simply because of the comfort and ease of driving this car.

We took it on one long trip from DC to Erie, PA and averaged about 27 MPG...with no leadfooting it (not fun but it did save gas). Air Conditioning works great, and all is well with the world....:)
Time to upgrade it!!! :p

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,903 Posts

Congrats! Glad you are enjoying the car.

I have to admit DC to Erie is a pretty long trip for you Yanks, but I always laugh when y'all talk about taking long trips. DC to Erie is just a smig longer than my trip home to see the folks from Fort Worth to Lubbock. We don't even start to think of a trip as long until it's at least over 500 miles. Having a Texas distance mindset makes driving around the Northeast seem like just a hop, skip and a jump. :bigpimp: I gassed up Monday at noon and when I got home tonight (Tuesday) I'd already driven 250 miles with just my average tooling around the DFW metroplex.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good to hear! Just passed 6,000 miles in my 335XI.... and love it as well. Interesting to hear you got yours in Sterling. I stopped in there.... tennis shoes, shorts, and tshirt.... walked around all the 335's... and got passed (ignored) by not one, not two, not three, but four salesmen. Two of them were just standing outside smoking and BS'ing. So, I walked around the 335's for literally 30 minutes... no one even said HI. So, I hopped in my car and drove over to Fairfax. Approached within a minute, and they sold me a car that day. Sorry Sterling.. you coulda made a sale... had you just said HI to me. Oh well.... doesn't matter where I got it in the end... it's a great car and I love it so far!

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
I'm at about 4500 miles and 0 defects so far. I'm very satisfied with the initial quality of my first BMW.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Does anyone find it odd that we celebrate making it 1-4k miles trouble free with our bmw's?

·
Registered
167 Posts
335xi

2200 miles on my 2007 335xi.....the car feels & runs great! This is my 3rd BMW - so far, even though is very early on, this is the best one.

BB
2007 BMW 335xi
2005 Porsche 987S

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
Does anyone find it odd that we celebrate making it 1-4k miles trouble free with our bmw's?
My last SAAB was a disaster start to finish - GM really screwed the pooch as my previous 2 SAABs were trouble free. I went into a BMW with trepidation due to slightly above average reliability and the fact that it was a much larger chunk of money to put into what is essentially a depreciating luxury asset (not that I don't need a car of some variety in Atlanta). I spent way too much time at the SAAB dealer and so far the only time my car has spent at the BMW dealer was to find out the tires were overinflated (65psi!!!!) off the boat and to get the iPod adapter installed. I've also read about the fuel pump failures since before I went to pick up the car in Munich so of course my attitude could change before it's over.

·
Registered
203 Posts
900 miles and nothing but good things to say {knocks on wood}

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congrats! Glad you are enjoying the car.

I have to admit DC to Erie is a pretty long trip for you Yanks, but I always laugh when y'all talk about taking long trips. DC to Erie is just a smig longer than my trip home to see the folks from Fort Worth to Lubbock. We don't even start to think of a trip as long until it's at least over 500 miles. Having a Texas distance mindset makes driving around the Northeast seem like just a hop, skip and a jump. :bigpimp: I gassed up Monday at noon and when I got home tonight (Tuesday) I'd already driven 250 miles with just my average tooling around the DFW metroplex.
Living out west we drive long distances to get to the popular places on the map.

Drove from Salt lake City to Phoenix ~ 750 miles. Phoenix was 115 degrees the day we got there. The air conditioning worked great cruise control set around 100 mph in the desert outside of Las Vegas. Great trip.

Salt Lake to Las Vegas is ~ 500 miles, we make that trip several times a year. Salt Lake to LA ~ 750 miles.

These are the type of trips you make out west. The BMW makes the trips much more relaxed.

·
I need more coffee!
477 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the car, and it's always nice to find another Vette/BMW guy!

·
Registered
74 Posts
~4500 miles and no mechanical problems. I just have a rattly passenger sport seat when it's unoccupied and an intermittent noise in the right front wheel well when I make slow left turns (everything is stock ZSP and no signs of rubbing).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts