BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 09 335i Xdrive coupe from a private seller on June 12th. Everything was beautiful on the car including the paint, engine, interior quality, etc. On the 14th the engine light came on and stated that the was an engine malfunction with low output (assuming it's the dreaded HPFP). I filled up the day before, and every time I would shut the car off my engine light would go away until I drove my car for about 10-15 minutes. I called the dealer and they suggested that it may be my gas cap seal or a bad gas batch, so I was going to wait a few days. After this amount of time the same engine light would come on accompanied with the service engine soon light, and so I knew it was time I had to take it into the dealer to get a diagnosis. Today I was notified that my turbo has failed and I also have non functioning celinoids. According to the warranty, if my wastegate would prove to have caused the problem to put my turbos into failure, the dealer has stated the cost of fixing all problems would be fixed. Now, when I gas my engine I can hear the rattling of the waste gate after I let off the pedal (hoping this is good news at this point). The warranty for my car expires tomorrow, but because I checked it into the shop before the date I would be covered by the warranty until they make a decision. I have been told I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to speak with the Service Depratment Manager with my issues of the warranty. Without any compensation my total is around $6200 without tax. I would really appreciate comments on what I should do for this situation, and if you guys believe there is hope for complete compensation of this terrible problem. Also, if you could include what information you believe I should look for in the sound of my wastegate for it to be failing or have issues that would be helpful. I'm possibly out of a car here as I do not have a full 6-7k to shell out all at once.
Thanks!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,026 Posts
Sorry to hear your experience is starting off this way. Glad you're still under warranty. You've posted in the F3x forum and your car is an E92. You'll get more ideas of what to expect from the folks in that forum. Your car has two turbos. Which one failed (not that it really matters)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts