Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have test driven the 328ix coupe (auto), the 335ix (stick) and the 335ix (auto). Based on this test, I have decided on the 335ix (auto) -- engine plus ease. I have also decided on silver with black/premium package.

The choice is between coupe and sedan. I have a wife and a 14 year old, wife drives a new X3 with same colors.

The advantage of the sedan is better pricing plus more convenience. Coupe offers a bit slicker look.

Look forward to your opinions!

PSR:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
my wife decided to go for a 335xi coupe. we had a one year old....

·
Registered
267 Posts
what an interesting and innovative new topic! i can't wait to see what kind of discussion this will generate - thanks for posting!

·
Registered
713 Posts
In my opinion the sedan with the M-Aero kit is the way to go. I know the coupe has specific sheet metal and is slightly lighter and a bit more unique, but the sedan shape has grown on me immensely. Especially with the more squared of lines on the nose of the M-Aero kit.

Incidentally, the I don't like the look of the M-Aero kit on the coupe. A bit gaudy for my taste. ( no offense intended to anyone. Just my opinion.) So if you go with the coupe, keep it as is. On the Sedan it is very sharp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if I have to drive my wife and son around more than 2~3 times a week,
I would go with the sedan... (or giving rides to others)

If I am just driving by myself most of the times, I would go with the coupe...

unless... if you don't care about making someone to sit in the back after all the steps including chair folding and so on..
(assuming this since you have mentioned about your 14 year old son...)

personally, I am not that tall but I sit a little far back and unless I move my chair front, there are no way for a person to sit comfortably in my coupe.
just an opinion based on my situation. I never drive my 335 coupe when I know I am going to give rides to more than 1 person... especially for business...

I am sure you already thought about it...

·
In Heaven
2,968 Posts
if I have to drive my wife and son around more than 2~3 times a week,
I would go with the sedan... (or giving rides to others)

If I am just driving by myself most of the times, I would go with the coupe...

unless... if you don't care about making someone to sit in the back after all the steps including chair folding and so on..
(assuming this since you have mentioned about your 14 year old son...)

personally, I am not that tall but I sit a little far back and unless I move my chair front, there are no way for a person to sit comfortably in my coupe.
just an opinion based on my situation. I never drive my 335 coupe when I know I am going to give rides to more than 1 person... especially for business...

I am sure you already thought about it...
+1...I have the 5'er when we all go somewhere, but most of the times, it'll just be me so, I have chosen the coupe,... and I am about to leave to pick her up: sparkling grphite/ black dakota, premium, sports, confort access, satellite and Ipod.:thumbup:
I'll post pics this week end, if I have time...! Actually, my wife will drive the car home, b/c I have to go to work...:cry:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had the chance of trying both

.. and the sedan us just SO much more liveable with ANY amount of rear seat traffic. Rear seats in the coupe are smaller, bigger hassle getting in and out, and the doors on the coupe are bigger (more likely to hit things in parking lots). I have a Sedan but it was in the shop for maintenance and they gave me a coupe loaner. Was nice, but after day 2 of the coupe I missed my sedan. The coupe is better looking by a little though...

BTY xi Auto is a great choice, and silver is a great color!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts