BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335XI 2008 Rough -White Smoke

1732 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Tano
Greetings,

For the past week i've noticed that a slight shaking would occur at idle upon a cold start. If i would let my car warm up , turn it off then on again, it would be fine.

The situation has only rapidly got worse. At the moment when i start it, the idle is much rougher, the enigne light comes on, the rpm's surge, and there is excessive white smoke out the tailpipe. While driving it feels like its misfiring and it often stalls. I contantly need to keep my foot on the throttle. I think it may be the fuel injectors but i would like your opinion. It is not the battery since cranking time isn't any worse, and their is no light flickering. Could be fouled spark plugs over time due to the fuel injection system. I smell allot of gas out the back just recently.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Water vapor, unburned fuel, or both -- only someone present with the car can tell.

Could be fuel system, ignition; leaking coolant....mpossible to troubleshoot via TCP/IP. F30, maybe, but forum advice a true shot in the inky dark.

Got codes?

Dealer or competent indy, please. You'll have much better result.
Greetings,

For the past week i've noticed that a slight shaking would occur at idle upon a cold start. If i would let my car warm up , turn it off then on again, it would be fine.

The situation has only rapidly got worse. At the moment when i start it, the idle is much rougher, the enigne light comes on, the rpm's surge, and there is excessive white smoke out the tailpipe. While driving it feels like its misfiring and it often stalls. I contantly need to keep my foot on the throttle. I think it may be the fuel injectors but i would like your opinion. It is not the battery since cranking time isn't any worse, and their is no light flickering. Could be fouled spark plugs over time due to the fuel injection system. I smell allot of gas out the back just recently.
Did you fix this problem. I am having same symptom
It was the fuel injectors. All 6 replaced
Under warranty
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.