BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the sport package for the 335xi coupe gives you the summer performance tire. I'm wondering do most people just get a set of winter or all season tire or do you just don't drive it in the winter.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you're referring to what to do for winter tires after taking delivery of your car in Munich, check out the sticky for winter tires or www.edwintertires.com.

If you're referring to what to do for winter tires back in the states after taking re-delivery, your best bet would be to get a second set of wheels with winter tires already mounted (tire rack, one of the forum sponsors, is an excellent source). Swap wheel/tires for the season.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Planning a October 13th ED for a 335 xi with a sports package. I really like the 18 inch wheels and am considering putting on all seasons once the car is back in the states. Any thoughts from those experienced ED'ers regarding the need for winter tires in October?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Planning a October 13th ED for a 335 xi with a sports package. I really like the 18 inch wheels and am considering putting on all seasons once the car is back in the states. Any thoughts from those experienced ED'ers regarding the need for winter tires in October?:dunno:
The weatherman can't even predict what going to happen this weekend with 100% accuracy so 6 months out is anyones guess.

I'd suggest contacting John Lance (info in the sticky or website mentioned above) and ask him what the prediction is for winter tire renters is for that time of year - chances are they'll be pretty available. A few days before you pick up the car, check the weather report and see if they're calling for cold temps or winter precipitation in your intended travel area. If things look bad, try and book a last minute reservation OR adjust your itinerary to avoid those weather cold spots.

BTW - John Lance is offering the ED winter tire rental for a limited time at a $1=***8364;1 exchange rate for limited time. That's a pretty good discount at todays exchange rate!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you're referring to what to do for winter tires after taking delivery of your car in Munich, check out the sticky for winter tires or www.edwintertires.com.

If you're referring to what to do for winter tires back in the states after taking re-delivery, your best bet would be to get a second set of wheels with winter tires already mounted (tire rack, one of the forum sponsors, is an excellent source). Swap wheel/tires for the season.
+1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts