BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm pretty new here and I'm totally new to leasing. I've been reading thisgreat forum and many other forums here at bimmerfest for about 3-4 months now and studied the archives a lot. I have negotiated what seems to be not so bad deal (at least for my area) for 2008 335xi with following options:
- metallic paint
- premium
- sport
- cold weather
- i-Drive/Nav
- comfort access
- PDC
MSRP=$49,300
Invoice=$45,520
Selling price=$47,520
Unfortunately ED does not seem like an option for me at this moment.
The dealer is willing to give me invoice +2K and 1 point markup on base rate MF, $825 bank fee, $7.20 license and title fee and no other hidden fees and charges. No downpayment, only first month payment, one security deposit and bank fee and license/title is what I have to pay upon delivery. I will do 36 months/10K miles lease, so residual is 64%, correct? Taxes in my state/county are total of 4.35%
I came up with a monthly payment of $694.22 (that assuming the current MF of 0.0019+1 point markup), I know it will be different in December. I hope it won't be higher and also the dealer is willing to lock me on the lowest MF rate within 30 days of delivery date (so it will be November or December, whichever is lower).
So, to summarize: $694.22/month with $2,226.42-$1,000=$1126.42 due at delivery ($1,000 is a non refundable deposit due at ordering a vehicle which is applied upon delivery).
So, what do you guys think? Fair deal? Did I make any mistakes? I looked for the MF tendencies over the last couple of years and it seems that the November-December MF are usually not going up, is it correct?
I know it's not usually welcomed to post the exact numbers, but I'm not giving a dealer's name so I hope it's OK with moderators.
Thank you very much for your opinions and help.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,168 Posts
at 2K over invoice, i would ask for no markup on the MF and base acq fee. assuming its a sedan, you should be able to do better. have you tried quoting out a few dealers via email or phone?

his profit points are:
2K over invoice
MF markup
$200 on the acq fee. (base is 625)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
DISCLAIMER: basaed on the 335xi being an E90. If you're looking at the E92's, try these and ED, but you are probably SOL.

e-mail "$XYZ over invoice" to several dealerships.

these E90 335xi's are not hard to come by at all in New England.
Try Peabody, Ira, Chambers and Tulley amongst others, I've been looking for a 328xi stick, and all they seem to have in 6mt is the 335xi.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It is E90, but I'm in Colorado and there are only 5 dealers within reasonable distance from me. Since it's a lease I opted out from buying from the dealers that are too far away. I understand you can get a much better deal somewhere in California or on the East coast where there is abundance of dealers / higher competition, but here some dealers have no problems selling sedans at MSRP and negotiations with my dealer started with 1% off MSRP and full mark-up on MF, so I probably should not complain too much. I quoted three dealers back to back and so far this is the best offer. Two other dealers wuold not even haggle at all. Even though I'm gonna try to sweeten this deal up a little more. Thanks for your advise again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts