BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 335xi with the sport package but I don't have an oil cooler.
Why not? It has 62k miles and an aftermarket warranty... Will the aftermarket warranty cover an oil cooler?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just bought a 2008 335xi with the sport package but I don't have an oil cooler.
Why not? It has 62k miles and an aftermarket warranty... Will the aftermarket warranty cover an oil cooler? Also, any recommendations for wanting the engine to run cooler since the water pump is electric and not belt driven?... It is loud when hot outside and I don't like it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Not all 335's came with oil coolers.

If you're not happy with the car, trade it in for something else ... like a Prius.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
Why not? ... Will the aftermarket warranty cover an oil cooler?
The auxiliary oil cooler is only present on vehicles built with the "high-speed synchronization" factory option (code SA840), a/k/a the increased top-speed limiter (150mph instead of the usual 130mph). The Sport package on xDrive vehicles did not include option 840. To add the increased limiter to an xDrive model, you had to order 18" wheels with summer performance tires in addition to the Sport package. Your car has the Sport package but was ordered without the wheel upgrade; hence, it has the standard top-speed limiter (130mph) and lacks the aux oil cooler.

An aftermarket warranty will cover whatever the warranty documents state it will cover and nothing more. Start reading your paperwork. (AFAIK most third-party warranties cover only factory-installed equipment but you need to read the fine print.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts