BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on purchasing a 335xi sedan. Living in New Jersey with the snow we sometimes get I thought the xi was the way to go. Biut after reading some of the posts I am now wondering weather I should take the extra $2000 and put them towards the sports package and some snow tires. Does anyone have any experience with either and do you know if one outweighs the other? I test drove the 335xi but it looks like I have to test drive the 335i now. Also does the sport suspension 335i with snow tires hanle as well as the xi? rough ride, road noise etc.
Thanks again.

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
I was planning on purchasing a 335xi sedan. Living in New Jersey with the snow we sometimes get I thought the xi was the way to go. Biut after reading some of the posts I am now wondering weather I should take the extra $2000 and put them towards the sports package and some snow tires. Does anyone have any experience with either and do you know if one outweighs the other? I test drove the 335xi but it looks like I have to test drive the 335i now. Also does the sport suspension 335i with snow tires hanle as well as the xi? rough ride, road noise etc.
Thanks again.
There's positive and negative aspects to both RWD and AWD. If the car is just a daily driver and you have to deal with snow, and if you don't get too crazy with enjoying RWD "dynamics" then just go with the AWD, especially if you live in the hilly NW region of the state. However if you love RWD then don't allow a handful of snowy days out of the year sway you over to AWD. If you can't decide then do like I did and get both. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts