BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if folks saw the new photos of the 340 M Sport with Performance Parts.

I was toying with the idea of exiting my 2016 535xi M Sport early for a 2018 M3 but waited too long.

Thinking the 2019 G20 M Sport with Performance Parts might be my "next best thing".

Can't wait to actual drive it and see if the driving dynamics have really improved or if it's just marketing hype in terms of the new 3 going back to be being a "drivers car".

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
That thing down the side is tacky as crap. But I tend to feel that way about most add-on cladding, especially those with decals.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Full agreement on the grille, it's horrific ..I would need to replace it...the decal on the side...I was 50/50 on.

Truth is, I'll probable go standard set up if I go 340xi M, maybe just carbon fire trim and side views or keep my 2016 535xi or get the redesigned 540xi....

Right now, my 2016 535xi is probably the right size...somewhere in between the new 3 and new 5.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Surely there will be an opt-out on that hideous grill and that side skirt half way up the door. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
521 Posts
Why do they need to fancy it up so much? Oh yeah they are catering to an average buyer. Really? The M 340 appears to have the same grill. Hope they offer options on these minor things.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,642 Posts
The side sills are tasteful and end below the door. What you are objecting to is a black decal that emanates from the front fender air vent. While taste is subjective, I echo your sentiments. OTOH I LOVE those wheels and the MPerformance brakes. If I was building a G20, those would be must have Port Installed Accessories.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Full agreement on the grille, it's horrific ..I would need to replace it...the decal on the side...I was 50/50 on.

Truth is, I'll probable go standard set up if I go 340xi M, maybe just carbon fire trim and side views or keep my 2016 535xi or get the redesigned 540xi....

Right now, my 2016 535xi is probably the right size...somewhere in between the new 3 and new 5.
Surely there will be an opt-out on that hideous grill and that side skirt half way up the door. Please.

You may have missed that those items are not part of the M340 factory equipment. They are dealer available items.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The side sills are tasteful and end below the door. What you are objecting to is a black decal that emanates from the front fender air vent. While taste is subjective, I echo your sentiments. OTOH I LOVE those wheels and the MPerformance brakes. If I was building a G20, those would be must have Port Installed Accessories.

Agree with the wheels. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The M340i is going to be a sweet ride, no doubt. I'm not quite sold on the styling and the horrific instrument cluster which is why I bought my 2018 ZHP 340i.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,585 Posts
The M340i is going to be a sweet ride, no doubt. I'm not quite sold on the styling and the horrific instrument cluster which is why I bought my 2018 ZHP 340i.

Not thrilled with the grill, aftermarket will most likely fix that, but think the interior including the dash is a major improvement over what we have now.

2018 440i MPPSK/THP

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would change out the grille for the one on the M550, the high gloss black and probably add carbon fiber interior and possible side view mirrors... not sure about the performance wheels, they look great but here in NJ...the 19's are hard enough to not destroy.

Color choices are very disappointing, Audi and MB give wider choices....there isn't even a silver to choose from in the 340M....and only 2 individual colour choices.

Maybe I'd pay extra for a nice silver or the black azurite. .... looking forward to a test drive.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,585 Posts
I would change out the grille for the one on the M550, the high gloss black and probably add carbon fiber interior and possible side view mirrors... not sure about the performance wheels, they look great but here in NJ...the 19's are hard enough to not destroy.

Color choices are very disappointing, Audi and MB give wider choices....there isn't even a silver to choose from in the 340M....and only 2 individual colour choices.

Maybe I'd pay extra for a nice silver or the black azurite. .... looking forward to a test drive.

Agree on limited color choices. Like the new dark gray but 2 grand is a bit of overbite. Nice thing about leaving Jersey & moving to Carolina is the great back roads like Tail of the Dragon & 19" wheels.:thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a fan of the dravit grey, non-metallic with no pop... kind of looks like mud to me. I'm fine with $1,950 to pick a great color like black azurite ..problem is if it's not an option on the car ..I think the price goes 2x if not more.

NJ to CA, better weather and less pot holes...good choice!

·
Registered
521 Posts

To be sure, there are some angles that look rather odd on the USA config site. Need to see in real life. To spec one similar to my current 2018 340i M Sport adds close to 10 grand on the list price. Granted, it is an M340, not M Sport, more power etc. Wonder if they will offer base 340 to build on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen the 330 in that bright blue at the local dealer and in a parking lot. I'm not fully sold on the shape / style myself, it reminds me of the redesigned MB 300C which sure seems like a car made for women....in 20 years, I really haven't known many if any men driving the MB300C.

I need to see and drive the 340, I'm sure it'll have great pick-up but it's the improved handling over my 535xi M Sport that would sell me and guess I'll go black sapphire...one of these days I need to try an Audi.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,585 Posts
To be sure, there are some angles that look rather odd on the USA config site. Need to see in real life. To spec one similar to my current 2018 340i M Sport adds close to 10 grand on the list price. Granted, it is an M340, not M Sport, more power etc. Wonder if they will offer base 340 to build on.

Current M340 speced as I would buy one if I ever need a 4 door, no chance in hell, has a MSRP equal to my current 440 @ $63,000.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts