Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
It allows you to build a 2016 328i as well but shows Premium Package as not coming with full LED headlights. Wonder if this is a bug or if you still have to get lighting to get the full LED headlights. When you look at the lighting package though it says 'fully adaptive' LED headlights...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Awesome! It definitely wasn't there yesterday because I was playing around with the configurator last night. Now I can play some more :D

·
Liked when BMW was in F1
977 Posts
It allows you to build a 2016 328i as well but shows Premium Package as not coming with full LED headlights. Wonder if this is a bug or if you still have to get lighting to get the full LED headlights. When you look at the lighting package though it says 'fully adaptive' LED headlights...
When you select Premium, even though there is no mention of it, the lights do switch to led with corona lighting in the front view picture.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I didn't see manual transmission as an option for the 328i.

That would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn't see manual transmission as an option for the 328i.

That would be a deal breaker.
I'm pretty sure it's phased out for all but the 340i. I'm sure their data show the people buying the manuals tend to be enthusiasts, and the enthusiasts tend to get the big block.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's phased out for all but the 340i. I'm sure their data show the people buying the manuals tend to be enthusiasts, and the enthusiasts tend to get the big block.
Still avail, probably just a glitch. The rwd 320 & 340 both have manual transmission under the options tab. It is not showing for the 328 but it is listed in the ordering guide.

·
Liked when BMW was in F1
977 Posts
It is only listed fot the 340 and 320 (non xdrive) the ordering guides do not show ZMT for the 328i. Remember we will get the N26 sulev variant.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just ordered a manual 328i. Must be another glitch.
Bruce

·
Liked when BMW was in F1
977 Posts
The last two posts are encouraging. Good to know that the possibility seems to be there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I was looking at the information for the 340i yesterday and noticed that under Features & Specs, the section titled Handling, ride and braking has the same information for RWD as for xDrive with the addition of this bullet for xDrive: xDrive all-wheel-drive system.

They list this bullet for both RWD and xDrive: Double-pivot type front suspension with anti-roll bar and stiffer spring struts.

Don't know if that is correct, and I realize the BMW USA web site is a marketing tool rather than a technical reference, but if it is correct does that mean LCI 340i xDrive has stiffer springs up front than the pre LCI 335i xDrive?

Bruce

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was looking at the information for the 340i yesterday and noticed that under Features & Specs, the section titled Handling, ride and braking has the same information for RWD as for xDrive with the addition of this bullet for xDrive: xDrive all-wheel-drive system.

They list this bullet for both RWD and xDrive: Double-pivot type front suspension with anti-roll bar and stiffer spring struts.

Don't know if that is correct, and I realize the BMW USA web site is a marketing tool rather than a technical reference, but if it is correct does that mean LCI 340i xDrive has stiffer springs up front than the pre LCI 335i xDrive?

Bruce
Steering and suspension updated for LCI. Here is info from official release:

Steering / Suspension
Redesigned electric power steering
New front struts with five bolt upper anchor points (versus 3 previously)
New rear damper technology
Updated Dynamic Stability Control
Retuned suspension reduces roll and improves directional stability (applies to standard, M Sport and Adaptive M Suspension)

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I know what you mean, but it's tough to think of a 180cu. in. motor as a "Big Block" even with twin turbo. N4S

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Steering and suspension updated for LCI. Here is info from official release:

Steering / Suspension
Redesigned electric power steering
New front struts with five bolt upper anchor points (versus 3 previously)
New rear damper technology
Updated Dynamic Stability Control
Retuned suspension reduces roll and improves directional stability (applies to standard, M Sport and Adaptive M Suspension)
Thank you. I had seen that list before, but it wasn't clear to me how much of that applied to xDrive.

Bruce

1 - 19 of 19 Posts