BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of their Black on Black car with 35% tinting? I'm told that with dark interior the tint looks darker..... and I don't want to go REAL dark.

The installer is telling me that he recommends 35% and that will not be REAL dark.

Suggestions?
Comments?
Photos?

·
Newbie BMW Owner
143 Posts
35% will definately not be real dark. I've got 20% on my black saphire 325i and you can still see in, but you can't really see what's going on. In other words, you can see that there are people in the car, but you can't tell who they are.

I didn't want real dark tint on my car either, and am very pleased with the percentage i chose.

I'm halfway across the country from my car right now, but when I get back Monday I can definately post some pics of my 20% install if you would like to see them.

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
Exterior is Silver Grey.

Black Leather with 35% tint.

Do you still want to see it.

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
I have titanium silver with black int and 35% all around looks just perfect.

As they stated above...I told me installer..I want it dark enough where you cannot tell who is inside, but can tell someone is there and make out the shadows. THATS IT.

35% is perfect for that. I think you will like it. Also...tint is not permanent...if you dont like it have it removed and go lighter or darker. I know it is expensive to trial and error, but hey..it is not like a tattoo or something.

Good luck!

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sunnykk said:
Exterior is Silver Grey.

Black Leather with 35% tint.

Do you still want to see it.
Of course........ I think the main thing is the interior color with the same % tint. The exterior color shouldn't effect it.

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AsianImage said:
I have titanium silver with black int and 35% all around looks just perfect.

As they stated above...I told me installer..I want it dark enough where you cannot tell who is inside, but can tell someone is there and make out the shadows. THATS IT.

35% is perfect for that. I think you will like it. Also...tint is not permanent...if you dont like it have it removed and go lighter or darker. I know it is expensive to trial and error, but hey..it is not like a tattoo or something.

Good luck!
Anyone who knows me, knows my frugal side... and I'm not going to "trial and error" my way to a tint percentage (at $300 a whack) .. but thanks anyway.... from your description... 35% sounds too dark.

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
I have 35% on my sides currently. I don't think it's too dark at all. Then again I have NB interior. It's great because you can see that there is a lighter color inside - but it's not too obvious. I suppose with black - you might not see the seats much at all. The 20% on the rear is definitely dark - and I wouldn't recommend that for you. Maybe 50 on the sides and 35% on the rear would be a good setup for you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts