BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2009 35D with 20K miles. I just took it in for some brake issues and they reflashed the computer as part of a recall, less than 50 miles later I'm getting an intermentant service message "fuel pump malfuction" it also sputters a bit as well when it happens. I have had it back to the dealer but of course it didn't do it for them. They cleared the code but less than 5 miles later it happened again. Now it's back at the dealer for more head scratching on their part. Anyone else have such a problem? They claim the reflash couldn't be causing the problem.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,547 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2009 35D with 20K miles. I just took it in for some brake issues and they reflashed the computer as part of a recall, less than 50 miles later I'm getting an intermentant service message "fuel pump malfuction" it also sputters a bit as well when it happens. I have had it back to the dealer but of course it didn't do it for them. They cleared the code but less than 5 miles later it happened again. Now it's back at the dealer for more head scratching on their part. Anyone else have such a problem? They claim the reflash couldn't be causing the problem.
If it displayed a message, then the error condition/code will be in memory. Don't confuse the Service Advisors head scratching (they are generally pretty clueless) with true
"we don't know what is wrong" by the BMW master technician. it doesnt need to be 'doing it' for them to diagnose and fix. They need to decode the errors, maybe measure fuel pressures, etc.

Good Luck

A

1 - 2 of 2 Posts