Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an offer on the table for a 2010 m3 sedan

msrp of 70775

invoice is 65,630

neg price : $66,500

10k total out of pocket includes tax and everything with 1st month payment

they will also take my car back with 1 payment left of $440 included in the deal

36 months 10k miles a year

$815 per month

52 % res.

.00245 money factor

how does it sound ?

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
i have an offer on the table for a 2010 m3 sedan

msrp of 70775

invoice is 65,630

neg price : $66,500

10k total out of pocket includes tax and everything with 1st month payment

they will also take my car back with 1 payment left of $440 included in the deal

36 months 10k miles a year

$815 per month

52 % res.

.00245 money factor

how does it sound ?
$10k out of pocket is not a wise idea. Something happens to the car after you drive it off the lot and that money is **gone**. I'd suggest putting some of it in the form of MSD and keep the rest in the bank to put towards payments over the 36 month term.

The selling price of $900 over invoice seems very reasonable though.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
$10k out of pocket is not a wise idea. Something happens to the car after you drive it off the lot and that money is **gone**. I'd suggest putting some of it in the form of MSD and keep the rest in the bank to put towards payments over the 36 month term.

The selling price of $900 over invoice seems very reasonable though.
This is good advice. I'm in a similar position and although I've leased my last few BMWs and would prefer to lease the M3, the terms just don't make sense to me so I will purchase it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You seem to have a good price and 5.88% cost of money isn't too bad. I hate the low residuals we're seeing on expensive cars now. My 2007 650 vert had a 62% residual @ 36 months and 36K miles.
Couldn't agree more with the comment about the money down. Every bad idea unless you have protection clause in the lease. That car gets stolen or totaled early on the lease and kiss the $10K goodbye. Better to go as low as you can and/or the the MGDs and just pay yourself each month part of the 10K you banked to offset the higher payment.

It's also purely a BS guess on my part to be honest but I'm buying my 2011 M3 as I think they've overreacted to the bad economy and really protecting themselves with these low residuals. Sure you can always buy it out and do a personal sale but that added hassle defeats one of the benefits of leasing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2010 m3 sedan
Jerez Black Met
Black Nov Leather
Cold Weather Pack
Premium Pack
Tech Pack
M-Double Clutch
Moonroof
Anti-Theft Alarm
Enhanced Prem Sound
Ipod and USB Adaptor
Sat with 1 year

you guys like the specs on it ? i really do not need some of the options but this was the closest to what i really needed. I did'nt want the 19" rims cause the 18"s would be slightly better on the bumps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
2010 m3 sedan

you guys like the specs on it ? i really do not need some of the options but this was the closest to what i really needed. I did'nt want the 19" rims cause the 18"s would be slightly better on the bumps.
It's nicely equipped to be sure. I live in the DC area and almost went 18s for the same reason you probably want to in NYC. My friends with M3s say that the strength of the forged 19s has meant the same durability on rough roads as the cast 18s in our area. I test drove a car with 19s and it wasn't too bad. Currently I have 19s and RFT on a 650 and it was no worse than that.

·
Shiftinggeerz
158 Posts
The price on the car is excellent, the 10M down payment is not. Currently, I have a 2011 on order. MY MSRP is at 72755. In negotiations now and looking at 3-4k off of MSRP. You are getting a great deal due to it being a 2010. Is it 800 plus tax or inclu tax? See what the car would be to purchase with 10K down and 60 mth financing. It might be close enought to where it is worth it to purchase. Find out the interest rate and shop around a little. You might be suprised.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For reference, I just signed a lease for a 2010 Coupe:

msrp of 71375

invoice is 65695

neg price : 64983

Total out of pocket 1259

36 months 15k miles a year

$996 per month

47 % res.

.00125 money factor

·
Registered
104 Posts
how did you get the MF so low?

For reference, I just signed a lease for a 2010 Coupe:

msrp of 71375

invoice is 65695

neg price : 64983

Total out of pocket 1259

36 months 15k miles a year

$996 per month

47 % res.

.00125 money factor
I was going to do ED on a 2011 vert 335is, but the SA quoted me over 1200 for a 3 yr 45K lease with 2500 out the door. Way too high for my blood now looking at a 2010 M3 coupe pretty much loaded. Your residual is terrible. How did you negotiate below invoice. My BEST deal has been about 2% over invoice? please PM me or advise for all of us. Thx

·
Registered
37 Posts
I didn't negotiate each line item. I had a monthly payment and down payment I wanted to hit, and two dealers hit those numbers for the same car. (within $50 for the total term) I chose the dealer closer to my house. I did get the $2500 cash back too. The residual is 47% because the lease is for 15K/year.

I didn't ask why they were below invoice, I'm sure dealers have their own reasons for what they do. I got what I wanted, signed the papers, declined the wheel insurance, agreed on the pick-up date and got the hell out of there. Feel free to PM me with any questions, sorry if my post doesn't answer everyone's questions; I can't speak for the dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn't negotiate each line item. I had a monthly payment and down payment I wanted to hit, and two dealers hit those numbers for the same car. (within $50 for the total term) I chose the dealer closer to my house. I did get the $2500 cash back too. The residual is 47% because the lease is for 15K/year.

I didn't ask why they were below invoice, I'm sure dealers have their own reasons for what they do. I got what I wanted, signed the papers, declined the wheel insurance, agreed on the pick-up date and got the hell out of there. Feel free to PM me with any questions, sorry if my post doesn't answer everyone's questions; I can't speak for the dealer.
So the M3 gets the 2500 cash back too, good to know, thx!

·
Skxawng
457 Posts
I don't know the tax you have to pay, but seems it's an ok deal - dealer makes about 2k off it. you can do better, but you need to understand and negotiate each line - it's too easy to hide profit when you start aggregating numbers like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts